Ultimate custom widget questions

Last Updated:

1. rachpreach

rachpreach Active Member

So, I have been browsing around on mycolorscreen.com and alot if not all of the themes are created by ultimate custom widget. I downloaded this app and learned how to use it and its not the easiest thing to use and its very time consuming. I was wondering if there is a way to download one of the themes I like from the internet and merge it to my phone somehow? I know I would probably have to configure all the controls and such but it just seems like that would be easier. thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member

I love mycolorscreen. One of my favorite sites.

I'm not sure what themes you're looking for exactly, but a lot of times, there's an easy shortcut you can take. You can make a design with photoshop or gimp. Then, set that as the background in UCCW. Then, just add the hotspots for whatever apps you want to launch from the widget.

If you don't want to go through that trouble at all, you could check the description or comments to see if the creator of the theme left a link to the picture they used for their UCCW widget. Like this guy: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/01/05/20130105-2/ left a link to this: Dribbble - Circle Menu + PSD by Andrey Maxim in his description.

If you don't see any links, you could always ask for the picture, or the uzip for the widget itself and put it in the "Ultimate Custom Clock Widget" folder that's on your phone.

Personally, I like to take people's ideas and put my own customization on them for myself.
  3. rachpreach

rachpreach Active Member

ok, thanks. I tried making a skin for a clock and wanted to make it where when I clicked on the clock it would launch my alarm app. Im not sure how to do this.
  4. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Just long click to create shortcut to alarm. Then long click icon and you can change the icon. Put a transparent photo in your gallery to use as the icon (or crop a section of a png with a transparent background). Most launchers will let you do this.

Or install ssLauncher, you can customize anything you want with it.
  5. rachpreach

rachpreach Active Member

ok sorry but that makes no sense. When I long click on the clock icon it just asks me to resize or delete it(I have Go launcher). And Im not sure what you mean by a transparent photo...
  6. Rocco2012

Rocco2012 Well-Known Member

Did you create a clock skin in UCCW?
    If so, you can put a hot spot on the clock and assign your clock to that hot spot.
    Once you get used to UCCW, it is very easy to use. It just takes some time.
  7. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean from the clock icon. Create a new shortcut to the alarm and make it invisible. You can overlap the clock icon on some launchers. Like here I have a large invisible icon over the phone booth that launches dialer. The "11" (date) launches calendar, the "11:25" launches a stopwatch app. This looks much darker on my phone (can't even see the black arrows that's a data toggle). Pictures that don't have a background have a transparent layer, these are saved in .png files. Easy to create a blank one.

[​IMG]

Here's a blank png file (right click and save-as):

[​IMG]