Ultimate Droid 5.0 (ERE25 Base)

Last Updated:

1. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there have been a lot of things said on this forum, and others, about blackdroid good and bad. That being said we all flash different Rom's because we want to see whats new and what fits us best. I have tried Ultimate Droid 5.0 (ERE25 Base) and it is very smooth with no FC's and runs extremely fast. Please dont turn this thread into a back and forth because that was not the reason I wanted to post this. I also want to give major props to ChevyNo1 for his amazing kernel (that my phone likes woo hoo). I know we all at this point have flashed many roms but I believe this is what I will stay with until something amazing comes out (senceUI, Flash....). Props to all the Developers for their hard work and giving us the many choices we have. Link: The Return of blackdroid - Ultimate Droid 5.0 (ERE25 Base) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Advertisement
    UBRocked likes this.
  2. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Curious,

What were you running prior to Blackdroids 5.0?

Have you ever run Pete's Bugless 1.1? how would you say they compare

I am tempted to try a 2.1 build but will only be running at OEM 550 or maybe 600

that is fast enough for me

3. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have run BB 1.1 and there were a few things I liked and a few things I didnt. Pete does a great job of making sure everything is up to snuff. But with the new ultimate 5.0 rom everything has worked for me without FC's. Even at 600 it seems to run quite fast. I personally like the setup with ultimate 5.0 but its all about personal preference. I would say either try this rom or try simply stunning as I have heard good things about that aswell. I am sure you wont be dissapointed either way. But as far as BD's rom goes I havent found any bugs yet. Also you get chevyno1's kernel so if you ever get the urge to boost it up a bit you will be ready. Check their update logs and if you like what you see get to flashin!

4. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

What's it benching vs. BB1.1 at equivalent mhz?

5. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I'm going to give it a spin now - coming from BD 4.0.

6. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

I flashed it, its a good looking ROM, smooth, and fast. Its not a ROM, I will keep. It runs a little too hot for me, and I really like the look and feel of SG5.0.1. It runs just as fast and smooth, and much cooler using the same kernel, by chevysno1.

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

if you do his updates, make sure you nandroid them, his update.zip way of doing things just slowed me down a LOT! I have not tried his nandroid, but no one complains when they do it

8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I have been a fan of the UltimateDroid roms since version 2.5 and there have been quite a number of changes. I have loaded Pete's 2.1 rom with the ERE25 base and I had Launcher+ FC's all the time. I have not had a problem with this Ultimate release and I have to say that this is the best rom I have loaded on my phone since rooting. The only thing I changed was I themed the Facebook widget using Metamorph (like the black glassy look of the YouTube widget).

Screen transitions are like butter and I have not had an issue with temperature. When I first loaded it, I installed and set up all of my apps, widgets, icons and I was pleased with the speed. Then it occurred to me that I had not set the overclock yet! I was surprised at how smooth and fast this rom was at 550MHz. I did have a couple of crashes/reboots at 1.2GHz so I backed it off to 1GHz and it is perfect.

I like this rom so much I may have to change my signature! :D

9. -=Jeff=-

so the Ultimate 5.0 is a stock kernel and you have to apply the OC kernel?

if so I will try it.. I prefer the stock speed for now

10. UBRocked

Ultimate 5.0 has an OC kernel incorporated into the rom (I believe it is ChevyNo1's kernel). You have to install SetCPU but the OC that comes with the rom goes up to 1.2GHz. It is set at 550MHz by default when you flash the rom.

You can always apply a different kernel if you want to but I don't see a reason other than issues with monitoring the processor temperature with an app called TempMonitor (mine is stuck on 107 degrees F).

11. -=Jeff=-

Maybe you can answer this as well.. do I need to WIPE Pete's ERE25 build to install the Ultimate 5.0?

currently have Pete's on my phone

12. UBRocked

From what I have READ, no you do not. You can perform the nandroid restore and just uncheck the data option (basically keep your data and apps).

From what I have EXPERIENCED, you are much better off with a fresh clean install. If you are worried about your apps, get Titanium Backup (free version from the market) and do a backup of all data and apps. It works really well and can make switching roms pretty painless.

You may even have to do this (posted by me in a separate thread):

13. -=Jeff=-

I have titanium donate ;) used it for my BB 1.1 to Pete's ERE25... If I decide to switch to ultimate 5.0 I will do that again..

so far it seems like my battery is going faster then before with the new ERE25 then when I had the BB1.1

14. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member