• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Droid 9.8.0 is Awesome!

Wow. It's disturbing that they want Cyan to apologize, when he was the guy being ripped off, while they made it a point to say that BD is still welcome and not being punished in any way. Unbelievable!
Exactly, if anything both black droid and Droid Forum owe Cyanogen an apology. Personally I wouldn't mind if someone ran a DDoS on DF for awhile, not that I'm condoning illegal activity.

Upvote 0
Anyone else notice that even after the thread was changed, he still gives absolutely zero credit to cyanogen?

Ultimate Droid V10
-apps2sd - Thanks to Chris Soyars(turn on in application settings)
-option to reboot - Credit to BlackDroid
-Working Launcher2 - Credit to BlackDroid
-Automatic adblocking - Credit to Blackdroid
-Custom MMS app (Thanks to Ruqqq - NOW FULLY WORKING)
-360 Degree Rotation (Thanks to Optedoblivion - Settings -> Sound & Display -> Orientation)
-Phone Enhancements (Thanks to Cytown - Can Access From Call Setting Menu)
-New WyContacts - Credit to Wysie (Many New Options - Check HERE for full info - Hit Menu While In Contatcs and Phone to Access)

Upvote 0
I maintain that I don't really give a crap what BlackDroid has done.
What is absolutely inexcusable is how droidforums backed him. It's been pretty widely accepted as fact that BlackDroid stole others' work and called it his own. droidforums should have stayed out of it and let the chips all fall where they may. Then they should have kicked his ass right off the board if he couldn't supply proof that the allegations were false.
They knew this was inevitable. They had to have known.
They banned me, as well, and I never said shit about any of this mess. It all happened when I wasn't even on the forum! But my last several posts happened to be in BlackDroid's section.
I just emailed David to let him know he needs to pull the slack on his Nazi Mods' leashes, and that what BlackDroid did pales in comparison to the way they handled this whole thing.

Upvote 0
What I find funny is that Cyanogen and Koush wouldn't have even said anything had BD not started talking smack to them and pulled the whole "UD on RomManager" hissy fit. THAT is why Cyanogen said something, he was pissed that BD had the balls to talk smack and then basicly put up a themed CyanogenMod and call it all his own... People over on that other forum are so caught up in the "who cares who gives credit to whom it is open source" argument that they seem to miss the whole point that Cyanogen was trying to make.

I don't see this ending well for that other forum, as if they let BD keep his rom up as is (which looks to me to be what they are doing, they are just letting the drama die down)... then I have a feeling people like Koush and some other moders are going to start pulling there ROMs and threads...

Upvote 0
He also snagged jrummy's custom scripts and gives no credit. I mean... "godmode" is an obvious one. What two devs would simultaneously think of that exact same phrasing?

Custom Scripts: (run in terminal after su)
-sysrw (mounts system)
-sysro (unmounts system)
-kphelix - (Keep Helix Launcher and Delete all others)
-kphelix2 - (Keep 3D Helix Launcher and Delete all others)
-kplauncher - (Keep Home Launcher and Delete all others)
-kplauncher2 - (Keep 3D Launcher and Delete all others)
-install2system (Installs All Extra System Apps - Download and Unzip Extra System Apps folder from above and unzip on the root of your sdcard first - Uploading Soon)
-rm3 (removes "3" music player......why would you ever use this????)
-rmbrowser (removes the native browser)
-rmmusic (removes the native music player)
-rmamazon (removes amazonmp3)
-free50mb (adjust native system task manager to keep 50mb of RAM free)
-free75mb (adjust native system task manager to keep 75mb of RAM free)
-free100mb (adjust native system task manager to keep 100mb of RAM free)
-rmhelix (removes helix launcher)
-rmhelix2 (removes helix launcher 2)
-rmlauncher (removes home launcher)
-rmlauncher2 (removes 3D launcher)
-rmcorpcal (removes corpcal)
-rmpandora (removes pandora)
-rmfacebook (removes facebook)
-rmvvmstub (removes visual voicemail)
-rmquickoffice (removes quick office)
-rmolddock (removes 2.0.1 dock and alarm clock)
-rmlwps (removes live wallpapers)
-rmcarhome (rremoves car home)
-rmemail (removes email)
-rmgenie (removes news and weather app and widget)
-rmnexusmod (removes nexusmod live wallpapers)
-godmode (lets you view and edit all files with any file manager)

You know, the thing that pisses me off the worst about this is that he is actually seeking donations for the thefts.

Upvote 0
I am not here to argue who did what and who has the right to feel the way they do about it.. we all know the facts.

But in fact, BD and his team did put a fairly good deal of work into that ROM..they had to re-theme/re-assemble the whole thing, add what they chose for bells and whistles, and verify that it worked. That in itself IS a fairly large chunk of work. So asking for donations isn't a bad thing>>IF they actually credited the originators of their source<<.

What is a shame is that something that in the real contact world could be resolved fairly simply turns into an all out childish war. People in general get on the internet behind the safety of "no one knows who I actually am", and grow balls the size of trucks. Then everything goes to hell, and what could be a productive conversation becomes total Bullsh*t.

Really, how many people would dare say what they do in these forums to the other persons face?? I bet less than 10%. Why waste the time, when all that is going to happen is a huge cluster-f*ck such as has gone on in this situation. Just state the facts, and get it over with..if the other person(s) do not respond accordingly.. work your way up "the chain of command"(so to speak).. until you get your desired result. Letting one's voice be heard in a civil fashion gets things done MUCH sooner and easier..

In the end, as has been stated countless times before, we all suffer because people that would otherwise work together do not because of the inflated sh*t-fest that ensues..

Reactions: Psychokitty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones