Ultimate Ears Super 5vi Headphones with EVO 4g

Last Updated:

1. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was originally debating between Klipsch s4i or the Ultimate Ears 5vi. After hearing some negative comments on Klipsch headphones I decided to go with Ultimate Ears.

Just got them today so I thought I share for someone who is in the market for headphones for EVO.

-Sound is amazing, almost beautiful where I'm afraid what's going to happen to my ears if I keep on listening to music..lol
    -U have to have a secure fit to have the perfect sound & bass. (it takes time to get used to this)

-In line Mic works really well (I made several test calls/received calls all sounded good to the other caller) U can hang up using the in line control.

-The music controls do not work with the stock android player. But I was able to use MixZing & Meridian player.

-I have not tested it during exercising in how well it stays ...i'll let u guys know

No volume control :(

Overall I love it so far the sound quality is just amazing. I got it from amazon at $74.

Advertisement
    bvbull200 likes this.
  2. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Thanks for the review. I think I could get over the lack of volume control, so long as the other controls work. I'm ready to relegate my Shure headphones to exercise duty only and get some new headphones. I'm leery of sacrificing sound quality for added functionality, but I've always been impressed with Ultimate Ears anyways, so I think these might fit the bill.

3. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I was really worry about sound quality also with the added functions & really thought about getting the next upper model which is Ultimate Ears 700 but it was almost double the price & had no controls so I would need to get a bluetooth dogtag or something but at the end it was coming to be $200 plus I would need to carry two items so I decided to get the inline controls and stick with 5vi.

Honestly though I tested out the headphones with computer & EVO...phone is way behind it probably needs a EQ or something to kick it up. but testing it stock on computer with no EQ still had way more volume then through the phone.