ultra good news .. probably .. maybe ..hopefully

Last Updated:

1. karmagedon

karmagedon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

2.1 update news
    adobe flash news
    adobe air news

just read this on droid life. flash ready, air ready, more "quotes" saying 2.1 update by the end of the month WITH flash. it's on the front page, so i'll just link the home page.

i hope they're right

droid life: a motorola droid blog

Advertisement
  2. Gilgamesh11

Gilgamesh11 Member

where does it say 2.1 at the end of the month with flash?? i couldnt find anything on the front page that says that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. tangomango

tangomango Well-Known Member

Do a CTRL+F on the page for 'month'

droidforums.net member on flash coming with 2.1...
    First time poster, long time reader. I do contract work for Verizon every so often. Today while working I asked the manager about 2.1. Was informed that the update will roll out the end of the month WITH FLASH! He said the inclusion of flash was the reason for the delay. By now I know not to get too excited but it makes sense and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about.

4. karmagedon

"First time poster, long time reader. I do contract work for Verizon every so often. Today while working I asked the manager about 2.1. Was informed that the update will roll out the end of the month WITH FLASH! He said the inclusion of flash was the reason for the delay. By now I know not to get too excited but it makes sense and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about"

it's down the page a lil. it's part of the second story. this is ALL speculation, but you just never know. anyway, flash and air being ready is the real news.

here's another quote

"So I went to Verizon this morning in reference to a jbl speaker that busted on me anyway I asked an employee about 2.1 for Droid and he said it will come out today and Droid Eris will be shortly after the Verizon store I went to is in Vidalia,GA"

again, who knows? but it's nice to still have hope on that. AIR being done is great for developers. i can't wait to see what will happen in the near future.

5. kellex

kellex Member

We actually had a commenter suggest it would come with Flash. All speculation and rumors still.

6. Gilgamesh11

Gilgamesh11 Member

Oh cool, I hope he is telling the truth. Thanks.

7. karmagedon

absolutely. that's why the threads says probably .. maybe ..hopefully

i don't want to be one of those dudes that passes speculation as fact. it just gives me hope that google/verizon/adobe/moto are actually trying to make us happy, not just content.

8. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

adobe air support would be sweet....thats what tweetdeck is built on...

9. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Good news if true! It does make sense that they would wait a few weeks to provide a bigger update (ie 2.1 AND Flash). AIR is icing on the cake...Can't wait to see what the baked roms can do with all that :)

10. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

i can't count the number of times someone on this forum has said they personaly work for or know a friend that works for verizon telling us the update will be out such and such date and none of them have been correct. starting to lose faith in insider information.

11. karmagedon

well, they may have been correct. i mean, this isn't the first time something has been "ready" then all the sudden it's not. remember fable for xbox? howz about gnr chinese democracy. i think he re-recorded that thing 13 times or so. i think it's probably one of those back-pedal situations. i have been telling people for 2 years that my "solo album" will be done in a month. i always think i'm done, then i hear something i screwed up or learn a new mixing trick ... or have something better to do. oh well, one of these days.

12. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

maybe that why motorla is delaying it :)

that would be super nice of them. Its all coming together now!

13. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Just read of a few people going to verizon store and them telling em the update comes out today?????

Anyone get it? Maybe it comes out at midnight?

14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I guess it's possible...It kinda would make sense to couple the Droid 2.1 release MWC (Mobile World Congress), but meh...Who knows at this point. It would be great if the rollout started today so people could start cooking roms.

**EDIT** I'll have to check with my brother. I have him keeping his phone stock so I can check it out when the update comes (I'm rooted). He's not hardcore about his phone, but even he is getting impatient after seeing what my rooted phone looks like...

15. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

i can understand that but i doubt moto/verizon is going to spill the beans to every low level employee unless the damn thing is sitting on the server ready to go.

16. get quad

get quad Banned

17. karmagedon

****i, in no way, posed this thread as fact. it's really just a hopeful thing. *****

you're right, but i didn't get a 10 song version of chinese democracy 5 years ago from axle rose. (only 2 songs made it to the final record). in got it from a guy that knew a guy. maybe the head of the company told a dude that knew a guy from engadget that lives with a verizon guy .... the update might have been sitting on the server ready to go without 5 screens, flash, live wallpapers,... maybe the incredible backlash of consumer comments made them change their minds. i know that i would, if it were my call. the last update didn't go over as well as promised. even though the droid is wonderful, it has been a let down to many people on a few key issues. i'm hoping they actually listen to complaints and adjust accordingly.

18. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

I always ignore any of those "a VZW rep told me" or "my brother works for Moto and he said" type of posts. I read them, sure, but I know that whatever they say is irrelevant. Now, when some of the actual "insiders" post, then I listen. Those people are few and far between, but they said "the middle or end of Feb" for the update, so they are not wrong yet. :D

19. rocksthaman

rocksthaman Well-Known Member

20. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Isn't that the same site that said we were getting the 2.1 update on jan 22nd cuz some rep said we would? Either way I hope this is true, air is sweet and flash is a must.

21. Ceely4

Ceely4 Member

That doesn

22. karmagedon

i have edited this entire message

23. Ceely4

Ceely4 Member

By no means was I trying to pick a fight with anyone and I apologize if it came off like that. Just thought there were songs floating out there by my favorite band that I have not heard.

And I do understand about things being delayed because of last second additions. Like when an album has a tentative release date and never shows up because a 10th guitar layer needs to be added on some tracks along with backing vocals on another. In the end if the final product is awesome people will forget about the long and painful wait.

I have learned that it is not worth it to obsess over little things. Just live life and when you finally get what you wanted it

24. karmagedon

25. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

The cell phone company that cried "wolf".