• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Um, I think this battery issue will be a problem...

Isn't there are 2100mAh battery on the verge of releasing for this phone?
2150mAh, actually
m9x1yc.jpg

Who knows when exactly. Probably worth asking a CSR about.

Upvote 0
Got my phone to day full charge before first boot. I have every thing on except Bluetooth. I did turn off wifi after leveing the house and then turn it back on when I got home. Started playing and talking on it at 11:40 am. I would say moderate use today some internet, when crazy with shop savvy, had four 15 to 20 minute calls and played some games. My phone now at 11:13 pm has 1 yellow bare left not to bad for the first day. I did shut all the social apps off now that i think about it.

Upvote 0
I say pull the trigger and get the Seidio 1750 mAh for Eris if you have the $$. Otherwise go with the OEM HTC TouchPro2 1500mAh battery -- it'll fit as well and for less than half the price (Seidio = $40 vs. OEM = $16 on ebay) :D

I'll let you all know how my Seidio 1750 mAh works out over the weekend in my Incredible.

-Elo

I heard Seidios are a bad idea to purchase as they create problems.. Feel like I should wait.

Upvote 0
I heard Seidios are a bad idea to purchase as they create problems.. Feel like I should wait.

Interesting.... anyone else got proof of this, or opinions otherwise? I'm gonna play with the phone a bit and see how the battery does for me, my first smart phone so I don't know what my usage will be like yet. The money is no issue, so if needed I'll buy the 1750 from Seido (unless there's a better brand?), I just wont sacrifice the form factor by adding an even bigger battery with a replacement door, wanna keep it thin.

This came as a surprise to me, because everyone else so far in the past months seems to highly recommend Seido for extended batteries, and I've only heard relatively positive things. Would like to know if their batteries tend to be good, or not.

Upvote 0
Android 39
standby 14
display 12
camera 10
wifi 7
idle 6
calls 4
maps 4
dialer 2

I used it HEAVY most of the day and got about 6.5 hrs out of it,a tad disappointing.

Does anyone else find it odd that less than aminute of camera use, used 10% of the battery?

That's not 10% of the total battery. That's 10% of the battery that has been used so far.

Upvote 0
Android 39
standby 14
display 12
camera 10
wifi 7
idle 6
calls 4
maps 4
dialer 2

I used it HEAVY most of the day and got about 6.5 hrs out of it,a tad disappointing.

Does anyone else find it odd that less than aminute of camera use, used 10% of the battery?

The camera didn't use 10% of the battery. All those numbers add up to about 100%, so the camera used 10% of the batteries capacity from the last time it was unplugged, according to those numbers. Looks like it was only unplugged for a few minutes, since idle is at 6.

Upvote 0
Well, this news is a bit disappointing. I'm used to going 2-3 days on my BB Curve 8330 before needing to recharge.

Your going to be in for a rude awakening if your planning on getting ANY modern smart phone. Any of the new smart phones (Incredible, Storm 2, iPhone, DROID) are going to burn through more battery than you have aver seen with your 8330, because they do 1000 times as much.

Upvote 0
Not quite that bad. I was down to about 50% after about 7 hours of intermittent use today. I don't use the phone much, but Bluetooth and internet quite a bit.

That's quite a shock coming from a Storm where I could go two days like that.

Are you talking about the storm1 or the storm2 ?

I have the storm1 and my battery life has been crap, and i hardly use the thing..

I also make sure to kill any running apps, plus i dont have any instant messaging or weatherbug type programs constantly checking online.

I will be happy with getting 1 day out of my incredible. I have chargers for home, work and my car.

I live and die by my chargers..

Upvote 0
ok, ive had mine for over a week now and the battery is finally "warmed up" 15 hours of regular use for me, i live in a rural area, searching for signals often....and the battery is still at 25%.....phone says up time: 27:20:30, awake time: 3:58:31. 14h 59m 19s since unplugged....FWIW

Are you able to make/receive calls there? I am concerned about reception in my remote area - the Eris is bad here and I don't want to go to another weak phone, with dropped calls and fading signal... TIA!

Upvote 0
Dropped to 30% after 9 hours of doing almost NOTHING. 75 emails rec'd, two short calls. No location, maps, internet, weather, Wi-Fi, BT, camera or media. Juice Defender active.

You are pushing e-mail and that's what is draining your battery. 75 e-mails isn't doing nothing.

Turn off push e-mail until bigger batteries come out for sale.

Upvote 0
Got my phone to day full charge before first boot. I have every thing on except Bluetooth. I did turn off wifi after leveing the house and then turn it back on when I got home. Started playing and talking on it at 11:40 am. I would say moderate use today some internet, when crazy with shop savvy, had four 15 to 20 minute calls and played some games. My phone now at 11:13 pm has 1 yellow bare left not to bad for the first day. I did shut all the social apps off now that i think about it.

I believe there is an app that will automatically turn Wifi on when it sees a wifi network that you have set in that proggie. Then you don't have to go in and keep turning it on and off.

Upvote 0
Ive had my phone on now for about 14 hours. A few quick phone calls (maybe 40 minutes total). About 60 some text messages today. A few emails, a little bit of browsing through Android Apps and Maybe one or two YouTube videos. Also checked out the news via the built in browser. Also messed around a little bit with Google Maps.

I have a yellow indicator light on the battery now. So what's that mean 20 to 30% left or so?

Usage

Android System 44%
Cell Standby 13%
Bluetooth 13%
Display 12%
Maps 11%
Phone Idle 5%
Car Panel 2%

Is this good or bad?

Mine only shows Android System, Cell Standby, and Phone Idle.

I dont even have display on there. Pretty strange eh?

U can kill the other apps like Maps and Car Panel if you are not using them.

Upvote 0
Ugh. Being new, did you use it more than you use the Storm? Or did you have wifi on? Can you think of any excuses as to why it may have drained faster than the Storm?

Oh, I'm playing with it more (the phone, that is :eek:) than the Storm...I'm still trying to find out how I want it.

WiFi? No. I did have the Bluetooth Borg ear implant in...the People's Republic of Maryland is going to make driving while cell phone a felony or something soon.

I'm on day three. It's been charged to full twice now. Let's see where we are when it all settles out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones