Um, my phone just diedSupport

Last Updated:

1. True Blue

True Blue Member This Topic's Starter

Soo my son was watching Sprint tv and the battery died. Or so I thought. The phone died it seems. I have taken battery out and put it back in, but it is not charging or doing anything. No indicator it's charging, won't turn on, even after leaving it on the charger for a few minutes. Also tried my son's phone charger and no response. Tried different sockets in the house too lol. WTF????

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Wow Scary! After the battery pull can you boot to recovery? Vol Down Call and End Button? Makes sure it isn't plugged in?

3. True Blue

Ok so now 20 minutes later it is magically charging. Weird. Explain that one?! lol

4. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

I've read in other threads/forums that this happens to this phone for some odd reason. The most certain thing is that who knows. haha At least your back.

5. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Batteries that are hot should not be charged until they cool down. Perhaps the Moment has a feature to wait until the proper temperature is met.

6. Flipper

Flipper Guest

Since placing 2.1 on the phone, that has happened to me twice where I thought my phone was dead.

I ended up pulling the battery and let it sit for a while (not intentionally but hoping that the phone would come back to life by wishing for it :rolleyes:) and SHAZAM, it turned back on.

Real weird...

7. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

wonder if the battery was so discharged that it needed a precharge before it charged seen it happen on my old mogul before.

8. True Blue

I thought that too, but then noticed when my son plugged it back in for me he didn't actually plug it in all the way so it didn't start charging til I fixed it. If this is going to be an issue I'm not sure how I feel about that. Reminds me of my mom's hairdryer that shuts off when it gets hot and I am halfway through my hair.

9. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

sounds like an over heating thing then. Makes me wonder if the stuff around the processor failed and cauused the processor to overheat. Id get a replacement via sprint its under warranty and tell them what happened. Happened once will happen again. Replace it asap before your out of warranty or something big happens.