Um..this is weird..my phone just rebooted on it's own

Last Updated:

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know what the hell just happened but my phone was not plugged into a charger and it just randomly reset on it's own.

I was playing a game and from the corner of my eye I seen the Motorola logo so it was turning back on..

Advertisement
  2. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

Well there are tons of factors that can come in to play.

Are you rooted-If so what are you overclocked at? I have had random reboots when I run my phone too fast for too long and it gets hot.

You said you were playing a game, was this a game on your phone? If so, that might be the problems as well.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Yesterday I made a 12-hour drive and the Droid drained the battery FASTER than it charged! The heat probably didn't help, but I was driving along and suddenly it was rebooting. I had to use it judiciously from that point on, to make sure I needed it when it was important (it still gave me a wrong turn at my destination :mad: thanks a lot Google!).

4. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

its a ghost

5. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I've had random reboots for the past few weeks.

Never rooted.
    Has happened on 2.1 and 2.2.

I just look over because the screen flashes, and there is the Moto logo and it's rebooting. Never while I'm doing anything. It's just sitting there untouched.

6. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing on its own yesterday evening - first time in 8 months. 2.1 stock.

7. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

mine has done this few a couple of times in the past few months. it'll just be sitting there then i notice it rebooting on its own.

i've also never rooted and on 2.1

8. MOTO_DROID

MOTO_DROID Member

Google pushed an update to the Android Market. (We assume this is for FroYo users only). This could have caused some phones to restart. In fact an minor "OTA" can cause that.

9. adostrom

adostrom Well-Known Member

In my experience the phone will just barely charge when you're using it in navigation mode, and it's MUCH worse when it's hot. Turning off navigation, and the display, for 15 or 20 minutes when I'm on the highway allows me to get a decent charge into the battery. (Think of how little current a micro-usb connector can really pass). I bet that the charging circuit monitors battery temp as part of its job, too. I had problems similar to yours on a recent trip down south and I found that propping the phone in front of the A/C duct was very beneficial - the phone was so hot you could barely touch it when it was up on the dash in the sun. It's a nice matte black, too, a perfect heat absorber.

I got into the habit of just sticking it into the car dock when I really needed it.

10. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Mine spontaneously rebooted 2 or 3 times yesterday also while I was driving.

@ adostrom: I use an A/C vent clip mount. Keeps the phone nice & cold, and I have no problems w/ charging. Also keeps the windshield unobstructed. Highly recommended.