Ummmm.....I can't charge my phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. giraffe999

giraffe999 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a refurb droid incredible as a replacement for my busted eris....the rep on the phone told me I wouldn't need a new charger as it uses the same USB mini that my eris did. A search of the forums seems to indicate that most everybody else uses a standard USB mini for this phone as well....so, you can imagine my surprise when I went to plug the phone into my mini USB (that has been charging my eris) and it wouldn't fit! There's a little indentation at the top of the incredible's USB port that pretty much means any standard cable wont' fit!! Is this something new? Should I send the phone back for something else?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

could probably head over to your local VZ corporate store and tell them your tale and see what they can do for you. Probably get a free charger out of it.

3. giraffe999

That could work....but I actually found in another thread (errrr...) that the incredible uses MICRO usb, not MINI usb (guess the tech support guy didn't know that). Guess I'll have to pick one up on the way home.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

yeah but verizon should of sent you a charger when they sent you the incredible and they didn't so they owe you a charger. Unless it wasn't a warranty replacement, then maybe in their opinion they don't owe you one.

5. giraffe999

It was a warranty replacement, but since I got upgraded from an eris to an incredible, i think i'm pretty lucky and don't want to raise a fuss (yet).