• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Un-able to root Spectrum on ZV9

Hello all,

I am unable to root using the pwnage tool. I bought my spectrum when they first came out had that one rooted and running CM 10.1. I dropped it into a lake and had a replacement sent. The replacement comes with ZV9 factory and I'm having issues rooting it. Here are the errors im getting. Phone does not respond at all, I ran the tool twice as directed, also installed the tool to c:/ Any help is appreciated. as a side note, pressing the VOL down and Power takes a screen shot..

[*] LG Spectrum ICS Root script (Windows version)
[*] Copyright (c) 2012 jcase
[*]
[*] Roots the ICS Upgrade for the LG Spectrum
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest LG drivers installed, and that your phone is
[*] connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: more than one device and emulator
[*] Device found.
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Waiting for reboot...
[*] Rebooting again...
[*] Waiting for reboot...
'#' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[*] Installing root tools...
'#' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Rebooting one last time...
[*] Root complete, enjoy!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

CWM 4.0.7 (official) works well, but *might* be vulnerable to bootlooping if you use the key method. I'm still using the TWRP_Test.zip build from one of the other posts in this forum.

Use the Pwnage tool to root, unlock, and install CWM, but update CWM to the latest version or install TWRP_Test.zip. From there, flashing ROMs is pretty standard... download ROM and GApps to sd card, reboot to twrp (or cwm), wipe cache, data, and system, install rom, install gapps, reboot and enjoy!

http://androidforums.com/spectrum-all-things-root/673547-twrp-spectrum-5.html#post6503145

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Upvote 0
ZV9 is definitely rootable. I done it twice.

After making sure only the Spec is plugged in and you choose Internet -Ethernet and enable ADB, go into Device Manager in Windows (Control Panel), and go View menu -> Show Hidden Devices, and make sure there is still only one ADB device. Right-click Uninstall the rest and reboot.

has this been confirmed?? i am unable to use or even see adb or the corresponding device in the windows device manager after installing drivers, rebooting and making sure the phone is plugged in. nothing. any mode i try except for internet so far doesnt work. why would internet mode enable adb?? makes no sense...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones