Un-commanded airplane mode?Support

Last Updated:

1. Foxcow

Foxcow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I searched but didn't find anything similar.

Has anyone had problems with airplane mode? Late at night and sometimes during the day, my phone will put itself in airplane mode. I cannot send or receive calls and using the Touchwiz panel to turn on and off the mode does not work. I have restarted the phone a few times and sometimes that does the trick.

The strange part is that there is no airplane mode icon. When I try to make a call, it says to turn airplane mode off and I am re-directed to the settings page to do so. When I un-check airplane mode, it doesn't help. When I go back to the settings page, airplane mode is re-checked.

I find that the battery drains really fast in this state. Has anyone experienced this?

Pic for reference.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

cant say this has ever happened to me :eek:

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

4. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

That thing means no service doesn't it? Are you in an area with bad reception? Try the *228 option 2 thingey?

5. Foxcow

I have excellent service in my area. I cam from an Eris that pretty well. I could even get fairly strong signal in the basement.

I do *228 about every three to four days. Or *22899 rather.

6. Foxcow

update: I did a factory reset at the direction of Verizon tier 2 tech support. So far, so good. I will give another update in a few days.

7. Foxcow

update 2:

The phone is still going into airplane mode randomly. I went to Verizon and they are sending me another one. C'est la vie.

8. Foxcow

update 3:

My firs Fascinate must have had some bad hardware because the difference in performance and reception between the old and new devices is like night and day.

The tech that I dealt with at verizon said that sometimes, antennas are shook lose during shipping and that is probably what happend with mine. While the phone was searching for signal, it forced the phone into some kind of airplane mode.

9. lrb101

lrb101 New Member

My phone just started doing this today but only when it is locked. I am able to turn off airplane mode but it still gets annoying. Any suggestions on what to do?

10. Foxcow

I couldn't figure it out. I did a few hard resets and try a few other things but nothing worked. Verizon sent me another phone and it has been working fine.

It could be a hardware defect.