1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

un-installing 'default' appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. nik c

nik c Member

Hi,

How can i un-install apps that came with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2, on a THREE contract). I want to uninstall the YOU TUBE app that came with my phone as well as all the games, and social networking stuff. I do not use it and I would feel a lot better if I did not have it on there.

How is that done?

Thanks,
    NIk C

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

*moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 forum*

You will have to root your phone and use Titanium Backup to remove those apps. The process is different for each model and Android version so you need to be specific.

Those apps really aren't doing anything as long as you aren't using them. You could simply delete any shortcuts or widgets from the hoe screen and put their app drawer icons into a folder and ignore them.

If you are determined to get rid of them, you will find the best methods in Galaxy S2 - All Things Root - Android Forums. A word of caution. Removing apps that you think you won't use (like Google Voice) can break data connections and render some features of your phone useless. The only way to get the features back is to perform a full factory reset.
    rosie8 likes this.
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Full details of how to remove "bloatware" here:-

http://androidforums.com/3213700-post161.html

Hope it helps. :D
  4. rosie8

rosie8 New Member

"Those apps really aren't doing anything as long as you aren't using them. You could simply delete any shortcuts or widgets from the home screen and put their app drawer icons into a folder and ignore them."

This is good news......but how do I do that? I'm new to Android, have big L plates on.... thankyou.
  5. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

In home screen, long press on widget and drag to the rubbish bin. In app drawer, (which you reach by pressing the app drawer icon at the dock), press the menu capacitive key and choose edit. You can create folder by dragging to the app drawer screen if I remember correctly. Then long press on any icon in the app drawer to drag to the folder you create.

You can go to the tips n tricks threads at the sticky to get all kinds of advice.

Cheers