un-root droid w/ bad power port?

Last Updated:

1. ransom147

ransom147 Member This Topic's Starter

hi all,

i'm currently running BB V0.4 and it's great, but my power port is going out. if you set it down just right and don't touch the phone, it will charge... is there a way i can get my device back to stock w/out flashing? i'm scared to flash it again, as the connection is too unreliable. but, i need it to be stock so i can get it repaired...
    :confused:

any ideas?

thanks in advance, joe

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

You can try the stock 2.0.1 update.zip. I don't have a link at the moment but I can get one when I get back to a computer.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

update-stock.zip

thats it. Not sure if it will work with clockworkmod recovery but it does work with SPRecovery

ransom147 likes this.
  4. ransom147

so just drop it in the root of the card and open it in bootloader mode? is it risky?

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

No install it like you would a rom. Apply as update.zip in sprecovery

6. ransom147

ok.. so i read your guide (http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/136508-guide-all-things-root-related.html), and that looks simple enough. for whatever reason i remembered the rooting process involved some hair-raising connection to the comp, that if interuppted would brick your device and turn in to a grenade.. i guess i assumed i would have to go through that again...

i found a file supposedley for 2.2 :http://www.wikifilez.com/Root Files/MDroid/VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01.sbf

are you familiar with this? (i'm on sat adsl, i already downloaded and it took forever... i was hoping to not have to dl a new one.)

7. ransom147

well, poop.

all easy as pie, but the update-stock 2.0.1 (renamed to "update.zip" - copied to root) file doesn't install. aborts... DL it again, same problem..