General Un-root help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roush, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Roush

Roush Active Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I rooted my phone last night, using the Universal Root for Dummies thread. I played around with root, and some root apps like setCPU. I'm not here to say root sucks, and I can definitely see why so many people love it. All I know is it isn't really for me, and I miss some of the features from stock 2.1 (Like music player control on the lock screen) I was looking up how to un-root the eris, and it looks like you have to DL a "down grade" zip, and boot from that to update back to 2.1. My only problem is, I did the Universal root for dummies thread, because I didn't want to use a computer. Is there a way I can download the 1.5 zip to my SD card, and boot from that with my phone? Is there an easier way? Again, I think root is awesome, but I don't think it's right for me, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Here is a thread that addresses your question:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/127119-easy-instructions-unroot-back-100-stock.html

You may want to search the Root sub- forum for more answers:

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Nice double post. :mad:

4. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    i followed the same way on how to root. i was able to un root by accessing the nandroid backup in recovery mode you do before you root. try that.

5. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    ^ I don't think that's unroot. That's stock 2.1 with root. I think you have to do the 2.1 RUU update to unroot.

6. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    so then what's the difference if i have no roms on it?

7. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Nothing really. Rooting in and of itself does nothing to the stock software. It's just that most people root and flash a custom rom all at once, and that has been called "root" by most people.

For now, I only wanted to overclock, so I rooted, and flashed engtools (superuser) and the overclock kernel instead of a custom ROM. So, for me, I run stock 2.1 overclocked and that's all.