Unable to access Messaging

1. marko2807

marko2807 New Member

Hi, thanks for reading my first post on here.

I have a H7000 dual sim (clone of Hd7 from HTC) running 2.3.5 which has been happily running along since I bought it.

This evening, when selecting messaging to read text messages, screen goes blank as if to load up, after a second, just vanishes and returns to the original screen.

Ive rebooted, powered down, removed battery, uninstalled last All, although was working a couple of since fine since but have no idea why this has occurred.

Has anyone any suggestions as to how I may fix this please?

Many thanks
    Mark

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Would it be hugely upsetting if you lost your current batch of texts? If not, try going into settings, applications, all and clear data/cache for the messaging app. Perhaps there's a hung message or something that is causing it?
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You could install a backup app like SMS Backup+ first, get your messages backed up, then try clearing the data.
  4. marko2807

marko2807 New Member

something odd going on with this phone!
    Fact reset sorted it all ok.....

few weeks later......... cant access the notifications, usually slide down from the top of the screen to show notification, I suspect another fact reset will sort it but its a bit of a pain having to do that.......