• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to access My T-Mobile site to refill card....

mindhead1

Lurker
May 14, 2012
Looks like T-Mobile is down. I tried logging into the site to refill my $30 prepaid plan and received error messages. Called and system couldn't complete my request. I received the following info in my online chat:

"%T-Mobile: Hi Errol. I do understand how important is this for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. T-Mobile is currently updating our system and as of the moment we are unable to take a full view and make any changes on the account. This updates also affects online accounts which prevent us from loggin in. The system maintenance will be completed April 21, 6:00 am PT. We would really appreciate your patience and understanding. Despite the system updates and maintenance, I can answer all general questions that you may have."

My account is supposed to be on auto refill. I realized I couldn't mkae any calls around 7am EST on 4/20. How can they have their billing system down for this long?

Are you still able to use *611 or the like? Even though you cannot make regular calls you MIGHT be able to contact them from your phone.

If not, you can head to a store and make a payment.

Or call their 800 number via someone else's phone or a landline perhaps.

Sucks. Sorry this is happening to you. I would be pissed too.

Upvote 0
There are two types of refill cards being sold, I've noticed both at Walmart. If the back of the card indicates you can also call 611 to add the refill card, you can also add it online via My T-Mobile.

If it does not mention 611, then it's one of the 'FastCard' refill cards (as I call them) and you will have to call FastCard (which has a different toll-free number on the card) to add the amount. These particular cards will not work at My T-Mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones