Unable to add additional calendars

Last Updated:

1. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My GMail calendar appears on my new Motorola Droid, however I can not seem to add additional calendars. In google.com/calendar, mine plus 3 others (personal, shared, not public) are visible, but on the droid:

calendar
    menu
    more
    my calendars
    (only 1 shows up)
    click "+ Add Calendars"

I get an aparatn drop down down arror next to add calendars, which has nothing and isn't clickable

OK is greyed out and Cancel is the only thing I can do on this screen.

Any/all assistance/pointers is greatly apperciated.

PittCaleb

Advertisement
  2. reconway

reconway New Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. It looks like Android is not aware that there are additional calendars available with one of the google accounts it is sync'ing with.

3. chadstone30

chadstone30 New Member

Same problem here. c

4. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I believe I have solved my calendar issues.

Problem: Google Apps for your Domain accounts, calendar's appear on my @gmail account, but not Droid, via sharing.

Using another @gmail account, not a Google Apps/Domain account, I entered some calendar info, shared it, saw it on my gmail account as a shared calendar - then checked on the Droid.

When I went into Add calendar, the newly shared @gmail calendar was there, I checked it and immediately the events were on my Droid Calendar.

I had edit access to this calendar, so I also successfully created an event that appeared then on the proper calendar for both the user and seen via share on my @gmail account.

So i believe the problem is Google Apps/Domain integration with traditional gmail. I will be migrating from using apps/domains to log in and read mail by forwarding all messages from that account to my gmail account and just using that one so my mail, calendars, apps, voice, etc are all in one place and all useable by the Droid.

Hope this problem solving helps others.

PittCaleb