unable to add wireless network to Galaxy s i9000Support

Last Updated:

1. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 6, 2010

I have a problem with a brand new Galaxy i9000 and the wifi. I have managed to add one wifi network to it that I use at home.
    I have a second wifi network that I want to add, called cat, but when I try to add it from the Add wifi network place, it gives the error: Unable to save the network.
    I have tried a power on and off.
    Is there a maximum number of wireless networks one can save, or is there a problem with my actual 'phone? The phone is very laggy as well, and almost impossible to use when 3G is active. (Load averages are as high as 30 sometimes).

Best regards.
    Phone details:
    Code (Text):
    1.  (shown via *#1234#)  PDA:    I9000XWJM2  PHONE: I9000XXJM1  CSC:     I9000OXXJM2
    /edit. sorry for the strange formatting but with JS on I am unable to type in this message window, so I have to turn it off, but the formatting does askew. Probably caused by Opera and Privoxy and Squid.

2. Drg7

Drg7 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    I use an app called Wifi Static from the market. It is very useful. It finds all the network settings required for a specific wireless network and it keeps them in memory so that you connect easily every time you come near the saved networks. Try to see if it helps with your situation