Unable to apply android's SDK location in eclipse's preferences [on a mac]

Last Updated:

1. ITBRTI

ITBRTI New Member This Topic's Starter

I can already see this is going to be fun! I'm trying set up the Android SDK onto my MBP, but I am running into problems. The problem is that when I try to set the Android SDK location in eclipse preferences, nothing happens. I'm trying to follow the directions found here: Installing and Updating ADT | Android Developers

Code (Text):
    1. Now modify your Eclipse preferences to point to the Android SDK directory:
    3. Select Window > Preferences... to open the Preferences panel (Mac OS X: Eclipse > Preferences).
    4. Select Android from the left panel.
    5. For the SDK Location in the main panel, click Browse... and locate your downloaded SDK directory.
    6. [COLOR="Red"]Click Apply, then OK.[/COLOR]
    7. Done! If you [B]haven't encountered any problems[/B], then you're ready to begin developing Android applications.
    Looking forward to your responses. Thank you much! -Dustin

Advertisement
  2. rdavhow

rdavhow New Member

I must be missing something Ive been working on this for 4 hours and I have reinstalled everything

3. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

Have y'all run sdk/tools/android, and installed all the relevant SDK packages?

4. ITBRTI

ITBRTI New Member This Topic's Starter

yes, and yes :(

5. trylon

trylon New Member

I thought I had the same problem but just noticed that it takes time for the sdks to load-- look in the lower right hand corner for a progress indicator and wait!