Unable to Apply Themes

Last Updated:

1. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid is thus:

Cyanogen 5.0.5.4
    bekit 1200LV
    3P baseband.

I have the latest version of ROM Manager and CW Recovery (1.8.0.1)

I tried to use this theme: [Mm] Smoked Glass-Esque - Updated 4/1/10 - CyanogenMod Forum

When I rebooted the phone got stuck at the boot animation (Red Rage). I can even hear the notification for the SD card being mounted, and then the screen times out. I can push the standby button to get it to turn back on again and then it turns off after a few seconds, as if it is at the lock screen. It then just sits there, still at the boot animation and the touch screen does not respond. I've left it for up to 10 minutes like that and the phone isn't frozen or anything, but it's just stuck at the boot animation.

I pulled the battery, went into CW Recovery and cleared the cache. Reboot again. This time it boots up Android OS just fine, but it's still the normal Cyanogenmod theme.

Also, recently whenever I've restarted the phone, the live wallpaper has reset to the Nexus wallpaper that comes with Cyanogen and the dust theme. I have to keep switching it back to Nexusmod donate with the blue theme (my fav!). Wasn't sure if that might be related.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I should add that it seems to work if I apply it to a fresh install of 5.0.5.4 but not for the one I've been using for a few days.