• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to boot into recovery

javakrypt

Lurker
Sep 29, 2012
I've searched but I've not been able to find a solution to this. I can't get into recovery, fastboot or load adb. The device powers on and it makes the connect sound with Windows when it boots. But in "adb devices" it finds nothing. Doing the combination to boot into recovery doesn't do anything.

It boots then freezes at the splash screen and nothing happens. See image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0myrz90zone88t/20130426_164220.jpg

I don't know what custom ROM I installed at first, but I could get into recovery at the time, I just didn't have the necessary files to restore with (bad mistake at the time!). A friend took it to someone in his workplace to fix it a few weeks later than that, but appears he made it worse because it does nothing now. I could even boot into the OS and enable debugging, but it was suffering with inverted axis.

Any tips to resolve this? I'm thinking of ditching this tablet and buying the owner a Nexus 7 if nothing can be done.:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones