unable to buy at market placeSupport

Last Updated:

1. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

unable to buy at market place?

Not even showing up all the paid apps, only see Demo version and tells me to buy at Market. Search wont show up.

Anyone has idea?

How do you pay for it?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Which country are you in?

The carriers, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen to open the market fully in some countries, and only offer the free apps in other countries. We can hope that this will change in the future. :rolleyes:

In this other thread I've just posted a tip about "Android Enabler"; I don't know if it works or how well.

Fixed: Replaced "Google" with "The carriers"

3. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

It's not Google's infinite wisdom, it's the carriers. If you look through the google Andorid Marketplace help forums, they have told people repeatedly to demand access from the _carriers_ who ask Google to allow or disallow access.

That's why we don't have access to paid apps in Canada yet, Rogers won't allow it.

4. TopDog

TopDog Member

Well... here in Scandinavia the carries has no say on what is on the phones, they don't brand the phones, and don't sell the phones.

So every Android phone sold in Scandinavia is non-carrier branded. Even so, we get no access to paid apps.

...plain stupid! Even if it would be a carrier choice in other countries, I don't understand why Google should put up with that, this is really damaging for the Android plattform as a whole...

Espesially now that Apple has iTunes App Store, Nokia has Ovi Store, and Microsoft soon has Windows Marketplace. Neither of them care about the carriers when it comes to what apps are in their app stores.

5. MoreYummy

in canada, using rogers.

So have to use that slideme to buy? Only workaround?

Would rooting it work?

6. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Yes, because I have heard rumors of a program that spoofs your location to make it look like you are coming from an area that has access to paid apps. Said program requires root access. Don't ask me what it's called. :-/

7. MoreYummy

interesting. wondering if they would let me create googlecheckout account to pay in market