Unable to change wallpaper on my IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. gaventar

gaventar New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got my incredible and i love it, I have 2 issues with it, first is battery but... you know downloading stuff all day long will tank a battery
    the other
    i cannot put a picture on the wallpaper on my phone
    if i do, it changes it to the HTC colors. I can however post any live wallpaper just not any pictures. This is become a great irritation and i am uncertain if this is a software or hardware problem, any advice would be great
    thank you

ps, no changing the scenes does not help out at all still the same issue

Advertisement
  2. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

Have you tried a battery pull? That helps from time to time. (Can you tell I used to be a Blackberry owner?)

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

My suggestion is to change the wallpaper. Save your scene. Turn off phone. Turn back on. If wallpaper is not there, change wallpaper again. Save scene. turn off phone. Turn back on.

OR

Change the wallpaper and wait a long time and see if it is just a time delay. Maybe go into an app for 5 mins and then ho home and see if wallpaper is there.

I had a similar problem but not anymore. I know my solutions are annoying but I think they are what i did to fix it.

4. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

I usually just change the battery turn phone off and back on and it works.

5. motoringmike

motoringmike Member

My phone does this sometimes. If you go to my photos and select a picture and set as wallpaper from there it usually works.

6. marcusmpe

marcusmpe Active Member

I had this problem a few weeks ago, and somehow it went away. I had it again just now and tried changing the wallpaper from the wallpaper option, from my photos etc with no luck. I saved my scene, restarted the phone and it now showed my new background instead of HTC Colors. Bizarre. Maybe you only get so many wallpaper/scene changes before it locks up and you have to restart?

7. KIlgoreBA

KIlgoreBA Member

Has anybody figured out a solution for this yet? It is driving me crazy and is the only thing making my DInc not so Incredible.

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Have you tried any of the techniques posted in this thread?

9. KIlgoreBA

KIlgoreBA Member

Yes, but the only way the wallpaper will change is if I reboot. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this bug so I could change the wallpaper without having to reboot to see the change.

10. jumperpin

jumperpin Member

Methinks available free RAM is big factor for stubborn HTC wallpaper as well as for (my pet peeve) nonstart of WiFi. Using Advanced Task Killer often for (temporary) relief. At least daily, complete shutdown is also recommended.