Unable to clear Voice Mail NotificationSupport

1. waynezat

waynezat Member

My LG Optimus V has one message indicated on the notification bar but no actual messages on Virgin Mobile. I don't use Google Voicemail or voice dialer, do I have to call Customer Service at Virgil Mobile to clear?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Call your # from another phone to check voicemail, delete message from there. That's happened to me a couple times. If you delete a message while on WiFi it leaves the icon, you need to only delete while in network area.
    dcannoli likes this.
  3. blmbmj

blmbmj Active Member

call your phone and leave a message.
    Retrieve and delete that new message.
    The icon should disappear.

That happens to me all the time. I don't think it has to do with wifi, though because I have mine turned off. But, along the lines of what tcat007 said, I may have had a weak connection when deleting emails? The world may never know.
    dcannoli and furioussun like this.
  4. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Who knows... I always delete from landline when I'm home with airplane mode set. My guess is with no connection, it's like sending an SMS that does go because I'm in airplane mode (and doesn't remember to send it when connected). It doesn't happen much anymore since I only give out my GV# now and am using Groove IP at home on WiFi... all I get are emails now.
  5. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Well-Known Member

Yup
  6. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

Seems it happens to me when I delete a message without listening to all of it. The above fix clears it.
  7. waynezat

waynezat Member

Thanks to all, that did work.
  8. furioussun

furioussun Member

This method works for me too!