unable to complete download. Not enough memoryGeneral

1. 95integrase

95integrase Member

I just got my new S3 and I can't seem to download anything. I tried downloading a pdf and it keeps failing giving me this reason "unable to complete download. Not enough memory"

can someone help me please

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

How much memory is left on your internal sd card?
    You said you just got this device? How many apps do you have?
    How many texts have you not deleted?
  3. 95integrase

95integrase Member

I have a 32 gb sd card, completely empty.
    I downloaded about 15 apps
    No text saved
  4. 95integrase

95integrase Member

any ideas guys?
  5. Mikestony

Can you post a screenshot of your storage usage?
  6. 95integrase

95integrase Member

I tried uploading and all i can see is red X in a box, not sure if you are able to see pic.

here is the link i'm trying to use from dropbox to show pic.

http://db.tt/OCu8grG0
  7. Mikestony

o.k...I can see it now when I click on the link:)
    Seems like you would have plenty space on either ther internal (phone) memory, or external sd card. :confused:

I assume you are trying to download something off of the internet or somewhere else?
  8. 95integrase

95integrase Member

yes. i tried downloading a movie and also tried just a simple pdf file, couldn't do either
  9. Mikestony

I am not sure but in the browser, there should be a setting on where you want downloads to go to. (the phone or external)
    Try to change that setting to download to the external sd card.
    Others may know of an answer, but can't say I have run into this issue to be able to say to you, "yeah, change this and do that". :rolleyes: :)
  10. 95integrase

95integrase Member

Thank you that was it.
    I have also been having problems with SD card always unexpectantly being removed somehow (i'm figuring its bad for some reason) and the downloads were set to SD card, I changed it to device and it works.
    I ordered a new SD card today so I'll be able to change that back later.
  11. Mikestony

Sweet! How old is your 32gb sd card?
    You could try to format it in your computer with this tool:
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Just format it to FAT32 and try it in your phone again.
    Just remember to save any files currently on the sd card before formatting, then, after format, transfer files back to sd card:)

Let us know how that works if you decide to do that or how your new sd card works out:)
  12. 95integrase

95integrase Member

not sure how old card is because it was given to me.
    I tried formatting several times on pc and phone itself and sometimes it took but still issue with it.

I will give this a shot little later and see if it takes. I'll let you know

thanks alot for your help
    Mikestony likes this.
  13. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Google "h2testw" for windows to run a full diagnosis on the card. You need a card reader or a phone that allows it to mount as a usb drive though, which natively the s3 does not
    Mikestony and dynomot like this.
  14. 95integrase

95integrase Member

for some reason my cpu doesn't let me download the sd formatter, i'm running windows 7.

I am currently running the h2testw on card
  15. 95integrase

95integrase Member

process stopped half way and couldn't continue... all of a sudden i got a window pop up from cpu stating card needed to be reformatted in order to be used. I tried reformatting but it was unable to
  16. Mikestony

So you are unable to download the sd card formatter? Do you get a security error or a virus warning?
  17. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

What cpu? Do you mean computer? Im confused. CPU (central processing unit) does not pop up messages.
  18. pcs622

pcs622 New Member

I have the same problem...I looked in the browser to change this setting but can't seem to find it. I am using Chrome. Also, I have had my S3 since October, and just started having this problem a week ago. I checked all system settings and I have plenty of available storage space in both my phone and my memory card, and my RAM availability is about 50%. Plus, I am able to download similar files from emails, just not the Internet. Any help is appreciated-thanks!!
  19. monicahogle

monicahogle New Member

While you in your browser go to the menu and select settings then go to advanced and go down to default storage and select device that should do it.. I have the galaxy note 2 but the s3 is basically the same just different sizes.