1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Unable to confirm PIN to use VPN/FoxFi (VZW Galaxy S4)Support

1. ShaneLP

ShaneLP New Member

When trying to "Activate WiFi Hotspot" in the FoxFi app, it tells me that FoxFi needs to install a certificate and open a VPN. I hit install and it shows me the certificate name and credential use, I hit OK and my settings app opens asking me to confirm PIN. I enter my PIN and hit continue but the confirm PIN page opens again. This cycle continues until I hit cancel and it tells me that the certificate was not installed.

I have the same problem if I go directly to VPN in settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    VZW
    SCH-I545
    Kernel: 3.4.0

Advertisement
    :
  2. ShaneLP

ShaneLP New Member

Hmmm... Does my question not clearly explain the problem I'm having, or am I asking a question that has already been answered?

If this has been answered, a link to one of those threads would be appreciated.

I've seen the problem that people are having trying to disable the lockscreen PIN, but that's not what I'm trying to do.
  3. DaddyFelix

DaddyFelix New Member

I am having the same issue. I can USB tether, but can't WiFi without pin. i have tried to do the PIN reset i found on the web and to no avail...

Have you found a fix yet?
  4. ShaneLP

ShaneLP New Member

No, I haven't found a fix for this.
  5. cssqrd

cssqrd New Member

Instead of activating the hotspot in the app itself, go to your phone's settings, connections, more networks, and turn ON mobile hotspot there. I am using my wifi-only tablet with it right now!