Unable to connect to Epic HotspotSupport

Last Updated:

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am attempting to connect my laptop to the Epic Hotspot. My laptop is able to find SPH-D70002E (Epic) on my laptop's WiFi available net work list.

When I click on that, I get a Window's error message: "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refres the list of available networks and try to connect again."

The SPH-D70002E (Epic) is full bars strength.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Honeychild

Honeychild New Member

Do you have the mobile hotspot $30 addon on your plan? if you just recently added it on, make sure its added as of the current day and not next bill cycle.

3. Thai

Thai Banned

In addition, for me, my Epic won't do Hotspot without active 4G connection. Is this the same for everyone else??

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

rooted or not? running sprint hotspot or the google code tether?

5. Johnny Cakes

I thought this was included with the Epic and the $10 surcharge we already pay for 4G coverage, which is nowhere near my area although maybe I will vacation there some day.

Apparently, the only problem is that I am not paying $30 extra per month to Sprint.

6. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

That would be really nice if it worked that way..lol, but if you have not done any hacking and want the org sprint hotspot to work out of the box, you need to pony up the $30.

Now of course there are ways for wifi tethering as you know but you need to be rooted, which is really pretty easy these days.

7. Johnny Cakes

From a technology standpoint, is there any difference between the Sprint hotspot and wifi tethering? Are they exactly the same technology?

8. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

well I have never tried to see if I can use multiple devices on "wifi tethering", Sprint Hotspot can do up to 5 devices. If you just need sometype of wifi tethering I would just root and install app. Now it does work on the "N" network, so make sure your laptop can see/connect to 802.11n and you will be fine.