Unable to connect to HTC SyncSupport

1. caealday

caealday New Member

I am using a new computer. So, I downloaded and installed HTC Sync 3.0.5579. My computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium. However, when I plug in my phone to the USB port, then select the option to connect to Sync, it says it's searching for sync on my pc, but eventually gives me this error:

"Next Step: Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC. Please make sure that HTC Sync is installed and opened on your computer. You can instal HTC Sync from the SD card by mounting it to your PC or you can download it from (long website given here). Note: for Windows only."

Yes, I have it installed. Yes, it is open on my computer before I attempt to plug in my phone. I have restarted my phone while plugged in. I have closed and reopened HTC Sync. I have changed the connection type to "charge only" and then back to HTC Sync, and get the same error. Pleeeeease help! I need to factory reset my phone because my market isn't working, but I'm afraid that will take me back to Android 2.1 and I need HTC Sync in order to put FROYO back on the phone. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :