• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to connect to Kies.

daveo72

Apr 8, 2011
Can anyone help, I have loaded Kies up on my laptop and connected my Galaxy S via USB. It gave the options as normal and I selected Samsung Kies but my phone doesn't go into USB mode and doesn't connect to my laptop either. Is there anything I can do or is there something I'm doing wrong. I have connected like this before with no problems. Please help guys.

Thanks in advance.

There's an odd problem with Kies which happened to me too.. I was launching Kies and then connecting my phone via USB.. Kies just sent the messange of "Connecting" but never did. Oddly enough, the solution was just connecting the phone first, and then launching Kies, that solved the problem. You can check if this works for you too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones