• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to connect to mobile network.no 4g

having the same problem, the option is not there, there is nothing in the list with LTE in

using a HTC desire g7

the HTC Desire does not use Metro's LTE system, so your problem might be different than what is happening with the Esteem.

In fact, using Google, the only Desire "4G" I can find in the USA is on the AT&T system which does not use LTE for that phone. It's not an LTE phone. :thinking: It's a HSPA+ phone -- so it won't have LTE in the list.

Are you with AT&T?

Upvote 0
the HTC Desire does not use Metro's LTE system, so your problem might be different than what is happening with the Esteem.

In fact, using Google, the only Desire "4G" I can find in the USA is on the AT&T system which does not use LTE for that phone. It's a HSPA+ phone -- so it won't have LTE in the list.

ah ok, well i installed easy battery saver, it no longer allows me to turn on my network providers internet, but will allow wi-fi

ive played with the app, and couldn't find a way to solve it

Upvote 0
it does seem to be a problematic app.

yes indeed. The only way i solved the issue with easy battery saver was doing a advanced customization, and then disabling the app to deal with mobile network, after that everything runs fine. i just manually enable/disable data.

There is no application with LTE or LTE test. Do I need to install something and then try this trick ?

Amit

here is your answer. perhaps i could look into more and see how to help...

In fact, using Google, the only Desire "4G" I can find in the USA is on the AT&T system which does not use LTE for that phone. It's not an LTE phone. :thinking: It's a HSPA+ phone -- so it won't have LTE in the list.

Are you with AT&T?

Upvote 0
clearly yes, i downloaded the easy battery saver (the POS) on my htc desire, and now cannot use my network provider internet

i'm hoping i won't have to do a hard reset (will have to put as much stuff onto the SD card), but its looking like i will have to

try out "lte onoff" from market and force only LTE then go back to CDMA/LTE/EvDo auto. see if that helps. then you restart the phone.

Upvote 0
all i have is the LTE test not configuration......what else do i do?
also when i shut the phone down and turn it back on it wont automatically connect to the 1x or data or anything........what do i do...if i put it in airplane mode it will connect. but i want my 4g to work...im on the 60 dollar plan.

Do you have the latest firmware (ZVD)? If not update the phone and do a factory reset, should clear your issues up.

Upvote 0
OK. This will work as same thing has happend to me. They are two ways ways for you to get your 4g back.

First go to the app *easy battery saver* which I had (its really good ) then instead of super mode. Go back to *normal mode *. It will kick you back to your normal settings. If by any chance it doesn't work try this:

This method however is to fix and reset 4g in general , so it should work;

First of all download an app called "any cut" free from market. Then after it downloads and installs, go home screen and create a shortcut >then select > activities > and then select the "any cut" app. After that it'll send you to the app and from there you have to press on "activities" option and Scroll down until you see "LTE configuration" (its mostly the first one that starts with LTE). Then as you select that it will have created a shortcut action on the home screen. You then go to home screen and look for the shortcut you have created, it'll be called *lte configuration*. Open it and then press on setting initialization. Now, it will reset your lte settings and the phone will reboot. After that you should be able to be running 4g nice and clean...

Hope it helps ...

ok why cant I find any cut????? I dont see market on my phone only play store

Upvote 0
I'm quit used to rooting, flashing, jail breaking etc... Today like any normal day I flashed a ROM to my (LG Esteem MS910) Rom Used: MS910 Alicia after the successful flash of the ROM I noticed some issues that has never happened before, also I have flashed this rom previously as a matter of fact this is the ROM I use for everyday usage. (1st): Issue I cant go online there is no DATA and all my data options are configured correctly and wifi seems pretty weak and slow to download even from Google Play, there cant be nothing physically wrong with my phone. (2nd): Issue my phone does not dual mount SD card Thru USB it only mounts the internal SD but my phone read both SD cards Thru Settings, Es File Explorer and Titanium Back up. I also used the LG Tool Software to recover my phone from this state the internet/ Data is back to norma even the slow wifi issue is fix but SD dual mount error thru usb computer only reading internal sd but not external yes I have wiped sd, format sd, even tried sd tool partition I understand that program pretty well nothing works. Sorry didnt mention before I also have a micro sd card reader extension to connect my Micro SD directly to the computer without my phone and the computer can read the card. I purchased a brand new usb cord Nothing. Im pretty good at this but Im stumped guys I really need help.

Upvote 0
I'm quit used to rooting, flashing, jail breaking etc... Today like any normal day I flashed a ROM to my (LG Esteem MS910) Rom Used: MS910 Alicia after the successful flash of the ROM I noticed some issues that has never happened before, also I have flashed this rom previously as a matter of fact this is the ROM I use for everyday usage. (1st): Issue I cant go online there is no DATA and all my data options are configured correctly and wifi seems pretty weak and slow to download even from Google Play, there cant be nothing physically wrong with my phone. (2nd): Issue my phone does not dual mount SD card Thru USB it only mounts the internal SD but my phone read both SD cards Thru Settings, Es File Explorer and Titanium Back up. I also used the LG Tool Software to recover my phone from this state the internet/ Data is back to norma even the slow wifi issue is fix but SD dual mount error thru usb computer only reading internal sd but not external yes I have wiped sd, format sd, even tried sd tool partition I understand that program pretty well nothing works. Sorry didnt mention before I also have a micro sd card reader extension to connect my Micro SD directly to the computer without my phone and the computer can read the card. I purchased a brand new usb cord Nothing. Im pretty good at this but Im stumped guys I really need help.

I found that the new software update(if that's what LG tool did for you) re-enabled mass storage & disabled usb debugging....so--

re-enable usb debugging and use mass storage(instead of internet connection, as we've been having to do with these custom roms) to browse your phone in the computer....

HOWEVER-- to perform an action on your phone while connected to computer...say root, update software, install something.....ONLY internet connection(instead of mass storage) works.

PS hopefully you allowed lg tool to reinstall all drivers-- phone and modem, as they've been updated fairly recently.

Upvote 0
Hello everybody I just recently became a member because I too have the same exact problem...I was reading the threads and I was ecstatic to see that Jeyd02 had a solution that was working for others. I cant seem to get anything to work. I had done a hard reset on my phone before the problem started and then I went most the day using my 4G data. However, around 4;30 pm, that's when I realized that my phone would not identify with my carrier network and I was not allowed to use data. Please help!

Upvote 0
Hello everybody I just recently became a member because I too have the same exact problem...I was reading the threads and I was ecstatic to see that Jeyd02 had a solution that was working for others. I cant seem to get anything to work. I had done a hard reset on my phone before the problem started and then I went most the day using my 4G data. However, around 4;30 pm, that's when I realized that my phone would not identify with my carrier network and I was not allowed to use data. Please help!
Hello, it's been a while since I have check on this matter. Did you update the prl?

Upvote 0
Hi , I had the same problem, Since I bought my phone (LG L90) , I cannot use my mobile data, I did what you have taught here, maybe others are working but in mine, it didn't works :-( I have downloaded the "Any Cut" but I cannnot find any LTE configuration, only LTE ANT Setting, LTE Band Selection, LTE data test and LTE debug test appear.

Is there any other option so I can use my mobile data.

P.S : I am from the philippines, I hope that it still works here .

Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones