• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to Connect to PC After Root

mrhomiec

Android Enthusiast
May 16, 2010
Arizona
hello!

so i finally took the plunge to root my TF101. i used the following guide to do it, and it was so easy.

[TOOL]"1-Click Transformer Root"-Root/Unroot/cwm/stock rec-TF101(G)/201/300T(G)/SL101 - xda-developers

but now, no matter what, i cannot connect get my computer to detect the tablet.

even though, it had the correct drivers from the start so that the root process could take place. after rooting, my computer will say something like "Unable to install drivers for this device".

i've tried to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, and even downloaded the USB Drivers file from here, and still nothing...

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Eee Pad Transformer TF101

has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?

edit: just noticed that there's a "PC Utility" download that comes with drivers. i'm going to try that later today. does anyone know if this will work though?

update: so yea. still doesn't work. i installed the "PC Utility" software and my computer refuses to recognize that it's connected.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones