Unable to connect via WifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. holyblood

holyblood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I would like to know if there are any issues connecting my HTC Desire to my home wifi using Linksys DD-WRT G?

It connects to other networks such as Starbucks and mall wifi but never at home.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

Here's some things to check:

- Did you type your encryption key (if any) correctly?
    - Are your encryption settings (WEP vs. WPA vs. WPA2, TKIP vs. AES, Open authentication vs. Shared authentication) all exactly the same between your router and your phone?
    - Do you have a MAC filter enabled on the router? If so, is your phone's MAC address entered correctly?
    - Is DHCP turned on on the router? Does it have enough available IP addresses to assign one to your phone?

I'm guessing that since you are using DD-WRT you kind of know what you're doing and probably already checked these things, but it's just what came to mind right away.

3. holyblood

- Did you type your encryption key (if any) correctly? Yes
    - Are your encryption settings (WEP vs. WPA vs. WPA2, TKIP vs. AES, Open authentication vs. Shared authentication) all exactly the same between your router and your phone? Yes, the authentication is WEP. When I try using a different encryption, it does not see the network.
    - Do you have a MAC filter enabled on the router? If so, is your phone's MAC address entered correctly? Yes. Had MAC filtering enabled and disabled and it still cannot connect
    - Is DHCP turned on on the router? Does it have enough available IP addresses to assign one to your phone? Of course. Have 2 portables at home, both of them can connect without any problems, one's Lenova and the other a Toshiba. Also, an iTouch 3rd gen can connect to the network as well

In addition to these things, I tried to hiding and broadcasting the SSID and it won't connect.

To further clarify, the Desire sees the network, gives a message obtaining an IP address from the router and returns unsuccessful =(

Thanks paradox for all the suggestions still. But I have done and re-done them multiple times to no success.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

What's the actual model of your router? DD-WRT is firmware that supports a lot of Linksys routers.

If it's a wireless N router then try switching it to G only mode instead of mixed.

5. holyblood

The model is WRT54G v5, and yeah, the network is in 'G-only' mode. Also, when I tried to search for solutions, the recommended channel is 6, and that's what I already have.

Thanks for the suggestion takeshi.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Enter your wep key in capitals. It's a quirk on linksys using wep

7. holyblood

Yeah, the password's already in capital letters but still does not work.

Though, I've read in some of the posts in this forum that it may be due to the incompatibility of the dd-wrt firmware and HTC Desire, thus others have used the stock firmware.

Though, I'm still looking for solution/s that does not require me to do so, so if you have any more ideas, please post! =)

Thanks!

8. JafoFubar

JafoFubar Member

FWIW, I couldn't connect to my dd-wrt Linksys with WEP. I had to switch to WPA and all is good now.

9. nashogden

nashogden New Member

I enter the WEP numeric ID but get unable to connect to network. ??????.