Unable to delete large SMS threads

Last Updated:

1. dynamodrago

dynamodrago Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I searched the forum but couldnt seem to find an answer relating to the Hero. Im trying to delete large sms threads (700+ messages) but have been unable to do it. Basically nothing happens and if I keep pressing 'delete all threads' the phone just freezes. I have tried it then left the phone overnight to see if it just needed time, I have also tried keeping the backlight constantly lit for around 15 mins in case that affects it but still nothing. Any suggestions? I am using handscent if that makes any difference.

Many thanks

Mick

Advertisement
  2. sroth_1

sroth_1 New Member

Happens to me with even less than that. It's absurd. Always force closes on me. Maybe this is one of the things the savior "2.1" will fix. I really feel if 2.1 doesn't fix a ton of stuff, I will be dumping this phone.

3. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

i have no problem with it on my hero

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Try an app from the market called Delete Old Messages. Most people find it can get rid of all those messages (a few people have said it runs really slowly but still worked).

5. dynamodrago

dynamodrago Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    Iv managed to sort the problem myself, for anyone having the same issue, what i did was change screen timeout to never then just deleted complete thread as normal. A 700 txt thread took around 25 mins to delete.

Thanks for the replies