Unable to deliver. Please re-send with area codeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mom2CrazyKids

Mom2CrazyKids Member This Topic's Starter

I have looked and looked for a solution to this problem and have not found one. I see others are having the same problem though. Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the Droid X I am using the messaging that the phone came with not an added app (I am on Verizon). When I try to reply to a text from my husband I get a message saying "unable to deliver. Please re-send with area code". He is in my address book with an area code and the callback number has the area code. But next to his name it does not have the area code (again, it is entered in my phone with an area code). I have tried to delete his phone number, text my phone with his phone, and reply, but that still does not work. It is so frustrating and weird. Even when I do not have him in the address book the call back number (shown as cb#) has the area code, but up higher when his name would be does not have the area code.

Any suggestions? We are in the same area code, so shouldn't it go through anyway? This only happens to his texts, no one else. PLEASE, PLEASE help!

Advertisement
  2. Mom2CrazyKids

Anyone? Please help!

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Hi

I've moved this to the Droid X forum in hopes that the users there can help you out.

Out of curiousity, do you have a (1) in front of the area code? Perhaps try it with/without it?

4. Mom2CrazyKids

Thanks Kelmar! I didn't realize there was a Droid X forum. I have tried it with a 1 and it does not make a difference. Weird!!

5. Mom2CrazyKids

I found a way to fix it. Unfortunately I had to do a factory data reset. The problem stemmed back to the very first time I texted my husband. I did it without entering the area code. It automatically came back to me saying to enter the area code. It must of "remembered" my original text to him without the area code even though I changed his contact info right way. Anyway, to make a long story short, a factory reset took care of the problem.

6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I don't understand. You should always use an area code when making calls on a cell phone. If it works for you at times, it must be because the X is smart enough to know who you're calling.

7. hockeybrad

hockeybrad New Member

This appears to be an Android problem because as I'm searching for the solution to our new Epic, I see multiple phones have this problem. I haven't found a solution yet. Exact same issue.