1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Unable to disable full screen calendar notifications after Jelly Bean upgrade

1. ultimatebob

ultimatebob New Member

Hi Gang,

I noticed that I'm no longer able to disable full screen calendar notifications after I installed the Jelly Bean update to my Verizon Galaxy SIII.

Even though I can disable the option in the calendar settings, it re-enables itself when I restart the phone. Not cool.

Has anyone found a workaround for this, or do we know when Verizon will issue a patch to rectify the issue? The full screen calendar notifications are really annoying.

I also posted this on the Verizon support forum, but got no meaningful responses. Wow... that forum really sucks.

Advertisement
  2. ultimatebob

ultimatebob New Member

I found the solution in another post... it seems that the Google Calendar and Samsung calendar applications conflict with each other's settings. Uninstalling Google Calendar fixes the issue.

Good stuff!