• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to dlete a folder and files

I have Lenovo K4 note , having Marshmellow installed. Now the problem is what happened, one folder having some files around 2 GB, I cant delete that folder neither the files, nor I cant CUT or Move . But yes I can rename that folder. I cant add or change the permissions too. The dafault permissions is given same as other folder and files. The phone is not rooted. CAn you please help on that. .

Best to identify whether these files are important to an app or to yourself first? If your file browser is not allowing you to delete the folder you might want to try a different browser such as Solid explorer.

But regardless of that, if you connect your phone to your PC you should be able to delete the offending folder and files from there. Just make sure they are not files you actually need first.

Upvote 0
Best to identify whether these files are important to an app or to yourself first? If your file browser is not allowing you to delete the folder you might want to try a different browser such as Solid explorer.

But regardless of that, if you connect your phone to your PC you should be able to delete the offending folder and files from there. Just make sure they are not files you actually need first.

Many Thanks for the reply.
Well 1st I wants to say that I dont need the files at all, those are the simple video files. Those files didnt important to any app also. well I have downloaded the solid explorer, tried to delete the folder, files within that folder still no luck. The error is " cannot delete the file "
Yes, I have connected the phone with my PC, but could saw that files and folder , I have searched it but didnt find any.
the path location is : /Internal storage/zzolo
seems to be like the folder is in phone's internal memory and while connect to PC it will only show the files which are there in Sd card.
But is it something any files or folder which are there in phone memory cannot delete it ???

Please help . for a single folder i dont to root or format the phone, still wants to clear my 2.5gb

Upvote 0
When you connect to your PC are you making sure the phone is unlocked and you are swipping down and selecting browse folders (or the like) ?

So these video files, are they films you have downloaded or taken yourself? Have you used an app to download these files?

I have a feeling that an app your using is protecting the files!?

Last edited:
Reactions: joydeep roy
Upvote 0
Try the below - although not 100% if you can do this on Marshmallow:

1. Go into Settings, Storage and wait for the system to scan your files.
  2. Once it's finished, touch the Videos section and browser to your zzolo folder,
  3. Long press on one of the offending video files and it will become selected,
  4. Now select the bin icon at the top of the screen to try and delete the file..

Reactions: joydeep roy
Upvote 0
When you connect to your PC are you making sure the phone is unlocked and you are swipping down and selecting browse folders (or the like) ?

So these video files, are they films you have downloaded or taken yourself? Have you used an app to download these files?

I have a feeling that an app your using is protecting the files!?

Yes, When I am connecting my phone with PC it is unlocked. These are small video files not films size is around 100mb approx each. Yes I remember I took the videos with the software ADM or ADM holo probably, didn't remember accurate one. Now that software is not there, I have uninstalled an long time ago. is there any way to fix it .

Upvote 0
Try the below - although not 100% if you can do this on Marshmallow:

1. Go into Settings, Storage and wait for the system to scan your files.
  2. Once it's finished, touch the Videos section and browser to your zzolo folder,
  3. Long press on one of the offending video files and it will become selected,
  4. Now select the bin icon at the top of the screen to try and delete the file..
Yes, I have tried just now, but no luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, my phone was already activate the developer mode.

As instructed , when i am doing the changes, i cannot select the option Charging only. but on connected with the PC, i can do the changes MTP to charging and reverse back. still only the SD card files and folders is showing , I could find out that particular folder nor the files too.

Upvote 0
Ok, so are you able to remove the SD card without adverse effects? Try doing that and reconnecting your phone to the PC and see what displays.

Well, Many strange facts came in front .
1. First I switch off the mobile, took out the memory card from the mobile, start the Mobile, now here after start I cannot access the file manager, it says you don't have SD card. Then I connect the phone with the PC , i saw no storage. Then I install a software Syncios in my PC and this one already installed in my phone, tried to find out the videos but I couldn't find out any. only apps contacts sms were there. I have tried to find any storage or something like that from that software so that I can access it from my PC but no luck.

I have also tried to check the memory card with a card reader in my PC , but a Marshmellow change my filesystem of that memory card, so couldn't access that.

Now again I switch off the mobile, put the memory card back in my mobile again. Now I can see all the files folders including the Zolo folder. Tried to delete it from file manager but same error. Now I connect it to my PC and YES, I can see now that folder Which I couldn't found before, well I immediately click on the folder and Shift +Delete . But strange, I didn't find found any error, I goes off. then I unplugged the USB cable and tried to check out but OH NO !!! it is still there, again I tried to delete it from my file manager from my mobile same error, Now I again connect my mobile with my PC , but this time I couldn't found that folder from my PC, but yes it is there in my mobile.

I don't know why this weird happens. 1st time I checked it is there, I delete from my PC, I wiped off, but it didnt actually, next time when I connect I cannot see that folder in my PC. I am totally confused now. :(

Upvote 0
Ok, so I feel you need to identify the app you used to download these videos and reinstall it. I don't think it is this ADM app your talking about at it creates a folder called ADM and not ZZOLO on your phone.

Once found fire it up and grab a tiny file to make sure the app is setting up correctly, then try clearing the app data.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I feel you need to identify the app you used to download these videos and reinstall it. I don't think it is this ADM app your talking about at it creates a folder called ADM and not ZZOLO on your phone.

Once found fire it up and grab a tiny file to make sure the app is setting up correctly, then try clearing the app data.
Yes, you are absolutely correct, it create a folder name ADM, previously This AD folder only I need to be deleted, I couldn't that's why I renamed the folder as ZZOLO.

What I am thinking I will install the ADm again, rename this folder as ADM again from ZZOLO, then will try once see.

BUT Many thanks for you constant support :)

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones