Unable to do PRL/Profile/Firmware updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. The King's Eighth

The King's Eighth Member This Topic's Starter

So after seeing people were posting on here about the PRL update on 7/28 I went to go hit the PRL update under Settings > System updates. To my surprise it will not let me do the PRL update. I keep hitting the button and nothing happens. I tried the same thing for the Firmware and Profile updates and nothing happens when I press the buttons. The only one that works is the HTC software update. I tried turning my phone on and off and the same thing still happens. Have not tried a reset yet.

Advertisement
  2. HiDef

HiDef Active Member

I had EXACTLY the same problem, a couple times. I tried a couple different things, but I think I did both so I'm not sure which was actually the solution:

1. Make sure you aren't getting low phone memory warnings. I was, and I had to remove some apps to create more space.

2. I could do the update immediately after a reboot.

See if either or both of those help you.

3. The King's Eighth

Hmmm. I'm not getting any phone memory warnings and I tried to reboot and I still get the same thing. I might have to do a factory reset.

4. tlaw81

tlaw81 New Member

The same thing happened to me as well (several times). I did just as described ^^. I just rebooted my phone and it worked. Not sure what the problem was, but it did fix it (temporarily).

5. The King's Eighth

I think I figured out what was causing the problem. Recently I used Startup Cleaner 2.0 to stop some system apps from running in the background from one of the forum posts here. I went back and allowed the following apps that were blocked on startup.

Download Manager
    HTC DM
    Sprint Updater
    Updater

Once I re-allowed them to run on startup I was able to do the PRL update.