Unable to download from Market after 2.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. dpc111

dpc111 Member This Topic's Starter

After upgrading my Moment to 2.1, I can no longer download apps from Android Market. I can select to download an app, it says starting download, then quickly indicates "download unsuccessful." Prior to my upgrade it was working fine. All my account info is as it was before and has properly synced etc.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thoughts?

Dave

Advertisement
  2. meangene

meangene Well-Known Member

Try a reboot. I've downloaded a crap ton (as opposed to a regular ton) of apps with no problem.

3. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Mine did this at first, only way to fix it was to reflash 2.1, worked after that.

4. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member

5. apyoung88

apyoung88 New Member

I'm having the same problem with my moment. I took it to sprint because I couldn't find my usb cord. I downloaded a ton of apps for a few hours after that, but then haven't been able to successfully download one for a day or so.

I've tried using wifi and rebooting, nothing works. I still have data connection and everything else. Really getting annoyed with this. What rom should I flash it with after rooting?

6. Misty3

Misty3 Member

I had the same problem with getting apps from the market place before and after the update. I updated my Profile and the PRL. Sometimes it would say that there was a connection error. But I did it again and again till it updated. Only took a couple of times. Then I rebooted and it would work. If it didn't I shut my phone off for a bout half and hour and then tried it. It worked. And another time I gave up and the next morning it worked. I had taken it to Sprint 3 times. The tech told me it was the PRL. you have to update it. So I do and that usually fixes it.

7. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

same identical problem on one of the Moments in this house, market apps are shown, but download fails. Just tried a prl update, no luck with making a change. Power off, remove battery, replace, and power on, now it's doing hands free activation??? still no luck.

8. kevinrs

as someone said to reflash, I did that, seemed ok, downloaded apps, but now it won't download apps again...

9. edp

edp Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset as opposed to reflashing. That worked for me.

10. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

People all over this site with different phones have been experiencing this for a couple days now. I'm going to try to ride it out.

11. kevinrs