• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Unable to Download Packages

Armada

Lurker
Dec 2, 2009
Using Eclipse 3.5 and ADT 0.9.4 in Windows XP

When I attempt to download and install an SDK package (just as a test I tried the Android 1.1 platform) or any other package from the repository the installer fails to copy the files to their defined directories. I've tried several ways, but every time it fails. The following output is given:

Downloading SDK Platform Android 1.1, API 2, revision 1
Installing SDK Platform Android 1.1, API 2, revision 1
Failed to rename directory C:\android-sdk-windows\temp\PlatformPackage.new03 to C:\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-1.1
-= Warning ! =-
A folder failed to be renamed or moved. On Windows this typically means that a program is using that folder (for example Windows Explorer.) Please close all running programs that may be locking the directory 'C:\android-sdk-windows\temp\PlatformPackage.new03' and try again.

Any assistance is appreciated. I can give more information as needed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones