Unable to download pictures from text messagesGeneral

Last Updated: 2010-02-05 17:22:21
  1. guyathomas

guyathomas Member

I have a new HTC Droid Eris. I am unable to download pictures off text messages. I took it to the Verizon store yesterday and they told me that it is a known issue with the phone, and they are working on corrective software to solve the problem. Anyone else have the same issue ? (They wanted to do a hard reset which I declined).

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Long press on the message (not the picture) ... you will have an option to save. I just tried it since I had not done it since the last OTA upgrade ... works fine.
  3. jebar77

jebar77 Member

long press does not give me to option to save. i am having the same issue, for about a week now.
  4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

are you using the native sms app? Because if i long press on the box outside the picture (aka on the message not the picture) a pop up of messaging options appears with the first option to save picture.
  5. jebar77

jebar77 Member

did it already download the picture?
  6. jebar77

jebar77 Member

i downloaded handcent and it didnt work either....?
  7. goofdad

goofdad Well-Known Member

I just in both the default SMS and handcent...long-pressing the message and not the image is working fine for me in both cases!
  8. jebar77

jebar77 Member

i dont think it will give me the save option because it hasnt downloaded the message. which is the main problem. i dont think the original problem was saving the message it was downloading it..... i think
  9. goofdad

goofdad Well-Known Member

Sorry ... that's a different problem than I thought you were having. Odd that some people succeed and some don't.

I wish you luck.
  10. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

I THINK I had the same issue... My phone would say I had an MMS, but it would not let me download the message. I tried everything to get it to work... Soft Reset, checked network settings while on phone w/ Verizon Tech Support... They were stumped, and had me do a hard reset, which didnt help either... Soo they said it was an issue with my phone and replaced it for a new one. Sorry :-/
  11. itswhit

itswhit Member

Thank you so much! The long press worked great, after I was able to download the pics. I find that some pictures simply come through and others have a download link - why is this? Size doesn't seem to be the issue. Also, I could NOT download in Handscent so opened the native message app and downloaded those there... then they were visible in Handscent. Why would that be? Thanks!!