Unable to download pictures in texts I receiveSupport

1. kentpavelka

kentpavelka Active Member

Using Handscent. (However, have same problem with the supplied "Message" app).

I get the texts fine....but the photos attached won't download.

I get a notification that the "Message was not downloaded"...under that it says: "Generic Network Failure".

I've seen a number of posts on various forums about this...but can't find a fix.

Predictably, Sprint's suggestion is to do a hard reset. (They act as if that's no big deal...seems to me that it will take a long time to get my device put back together the way it is).

BTW: Have tried to access texts via 3g rather than Wi-Fi, etc.

Lately, it has been one thing after the other with the EVO.

Sigh....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Callywall

Callywall New Member

I was having this problem and boy oh boy did it have me burning up! I have the HTC evo and after the hefty price tag & extra 10 bucks a month for nothing (4g not available yet), I am pissed!! I have to wait Until sprint customer service is open before I start screaming at them...

ok, make sure you are NOT on wifi connection. Using advanced task killer, "kill" the messaging application. go back into your messages and click download. wallah, there's your picture!!

Hope that helps!!

Thanks to the dude who posted in in another forum!!:eek:
  3. vaslim1

vaslim1 New Member

I receive messages with pictures or emoticons from an older phone to my Android Charge. The message will say Message size 30KB and then have a download tab. I press it, it says downloading but nothing happens. I have gone into gallery to see if it is there and nothing. Other times it has worked perfectly receiving messages from the same person with older phone. So would love to know whats up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:confused::)

P.S. I do not know how to do the advanced task killer. Just have had my phone a couple of weeks and this just started happening. It does not make any difference if I am at home or out of the area
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

You may need to clean out cache. The best way is to download a cache cleaner. However you can go to settings>applications>manage applications tap the all tab and scroll down to your messaging program. tap the clean cache and then tap force stop exit out of app man then tap your messaging to restart it.
  5. KenjiSpencer

KenjiSpencer Well-Known Member

I have this problem if my WiFi antenna is turned on but I'm not connected to any network. Under these conditions, if I turn my WiFi antenna off and turn my Mobile (i.e., 3G) antenna on before I press Download, the pictures will download successfully. It's as though Android will always try to download the pictures via your WiFi connection if the WiFi antenna is turned on, regardless of whether you're actually connected to a network.
  6. Because I am a genius and did the opposite of what many have said on here I believe I have figured out a remedy that might work for you. I turn my data off and on throughout the day to conserve battery. (keeping your data off if you do not need it on for browsing or email almost doubles your battery life through my own case studies). Anyway, if you click your text messaging app and then go into settings from that page and change your AUTO RETRIEVAL to off it will then allow you to manually press the download button on the text and actually download the picture. Let me know if that works for you. *****E CITY!!!!
  7. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Instead of maually turning off and on data, you can use juice defender..I do and it saves alot of battery! Download from play store..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ImNvbS5sYXRlZHJvaWQuanVpY2VkZWZlbmRlciJd..:):)