• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to fix default ringtone in my Moment

godsdragon

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
Florida
Hi there everyone. My particular problem is that the phone is answering with a voice command that tells you who is calling if the caller is in my contacts list. I tried to find it listed in the list for ringtones to no avail. I've also checked a couple of different options but the phone is set to the voice announcement by default. Please help. My phone is rooted (I think), but currently I am on a looong learning curve to be able to troubleshoot these things on my own.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Speaking of default ringtones, I hated that my phone had no 'phone' sounding ringers but accidentally stumbled upon the true default ringer: make a song/sound file the ringer, then delete it and don't assign a new one. The phone will ring and sound like a phone.

I am very much still a newbie to be able to manipulate folders inside the phone like that, but I thank you for the tip!
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones