Unable to Flash Recovery

Last Updated:

1. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 2, 2010

I recently wiped my phone to a 2.0.1 SBF file to get rid of my root, etc. I then got the OTA 2.2 update, and used EasyRoot to re-root my phone.

Well, I still had the stock recovery, but ROM Manager said I had ClockworkMod recovery flashed. I knew this wasn't accurate. I used adb to flash SPRecovery, which worked on my second try (first try gave me some 'out of memory' error which then completely *deleted* my recovery partition). ClockworkMod still thought its version was installed, and I still couldn't get it to install via ROM Manager. So I took one of my old backups, took the recovery.img from that, and flashed THAT with adb. That gave me the most current ClockworkMod Recovery. The problem, though, is that I'm still stuck not being able to flash my recovery at all using the phone... It's now correct that I have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, but if I tell ROM Manager to flash me SPRecovery, it'll think it succeeded (after only taking about a quarter of a second, too), but it's still ClockworkMod.

Anyone know what's going on? I don't even know how I'd go about fixing this... not that I mind ClockworkMod Recovery but I want to know why the heck I can't flash my recovery partition anymore outside of adb...