• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to flash using Heimdall

vip546

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Help please!!!

I am trying to root my Stratosphere using the instructions found on this forum. All goes well as far as setting up my computer and installing everything that is needed. I can get ADB to reconize my device and all of the Drivers and such show up in Device Manager.

My problem occurs when I try to flash the root-zImage using Heimdall. I do the "Device Detect" and it says that the device is dected. I then try to do the flash and I get and error:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

What am I doing wrong and what does this error code mean?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Help please!!!

I am trying to root my Stratosphere using the instructions found on this forum. All goes well as far as setting up my computer and installing everything that is needed. I can get ADB to reconize my device and all of the Drivers and such show up in Device Manager.

My problem occurs when I try to flash the root-zImage using Heimdall. I do the "Device Detect" and it says that the device is dected. I then try to do the flash and I get and error:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

What am I doing wrong and what does this error code mean?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I believe it simply means the drivers didn't install right. I had the same error and had to run zagig.exe and install the Samsung drivers 3 times before it worked right.
I've heard at least one person say that the phone should be plugged into the computer to let all the automatic drivers be installed first, then when they were done run zagig.exe and install those drivers. If you know how to delete your drivers, you might do that, then plug the phone in and let it install completely before running zagig. I did, but I still had to run zagig multiple times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones