• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to get Sipdroid + PBXes working with Google Voice. Need some help

donrhummy

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
I've been following the instructions on setting up Sipdroid with Google Voice but it hasn't worked. I keep getting the error that it cannot connect the call as dialed and to please try again later. Here's what I did and everything that (might) be relevant:

1. Opened Sipdroid and clicked "New PBX linked to my Google Voice"

2. I tried this two different ways (on different attempts at this): using my google voice password (as it suggests) and using a different password

3. In a web browser, logged in to pbxes.org

4. Dialed a number and tried to call (I get the voice telling me it cannot be connected"

(I was using wifi during these tests)

I don't know if this is related, but around this time, I got a message from GMail telling me there was a suspicious attempt to log in to my account and it was blocked. It said it was from quadranet.com. Is that PBXes or sipdroid?

I've been following the instructions on setting up Sipdroid with Google Voice but it hasn't worked. I keep getting the error that it cannot connect the call as dialed and to please try again later. Here's what I did and everything that (might) be relevant:

1. Opened Sipdroid and clicked "New PBX linked to my Google Voice"

2. I tried this two different ways (on different attempts at this): using my google voice password (as it suggests) and using a different password

3. In a web browser, logged in to pbxes.org

4. Dialed a number and tried to call (I get the voice telling me it cannot be connected"

(I was using wifi during these tests)

I don't know if this is related, but around this time, I got a message from GMail telling me there was a suspicious attempt to log in to my account and it was blocked. It said it was from quadranet.com. Is that PBXes or sipdroid?

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue right now, and I can't find any resolution. I have tried setting the activity in my account security on google to allow this suspicious activity, but it doesn't seem to solve anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones