1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Unable to install custom rom anyone?

1. manuela4134

manuela4134 Member

so i rooted my phone successfully and installed the virtuous rom through rom manager and everything went fine... now i want to install a different rom like uncommon sense lets say and once it goes into recovery i believe it says unable to mount sd ext? or file not found and then it says installation aborted? any ideas on why this is happening or how i could fix it thanks

Manuel

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Are you downloading the rom through rom manager? When the download completes it should give you the option to make a backup and clear data... Do you get that far okay?

Most roms are not compatible with clockwork 3.0.0.5(newest version) . What version are you running?
  3. GuillotineDream

GuillotineDream Active Member

2.5.1.2 is the only Clockwork recovery i use.

Make sure your Rom is in the root of your SD card (if you are flashing manually)

If you are using Rom Manager then make sure your version is compatible
  4. manuela4134

manuela4134 Member

i am running 3.0.0.5 so im guessing that is why? so then what should i do so i can install more roms?
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

you can flash an older version of clockwork using rom manager.