Unable to install Launcher ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. meganpirate

meganpirate Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, I am unable to install Launcher Pro on my Moment. When I search for it in the market (I've tried searching under Launcher Pro, Launcherpro, Launcher Pro Beta, etc.), the search comes back with no results. I have tried installing it through AppBrain, but when it searches for the app, again nothing appears. I have tried accessing the LauncherPro website from my phone, and my browser will not let me even access the website. The link appears on google, but when I click it, my phone tells me that the web page that I am trying to access can not be opened. The only way I can access it is by viewing the cached version. From there, I tried downloading the "APK" file, but when it actually comes time to installing it onto my phone, it says that I am unable to install it onto my phone.

I made sure that my phone is up to date on the newest version of Android, so I know that is not the problem.

Can someone help me install this app?

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!!

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Are you running the official 2.1 from Sprint?

Is it possible that the launcher Pro website was just temporarily down?

edit. I just went to the market and grabbed it and verified it's the latest version 0.6.3 and it worked fine. I'm runnign a custom rom though so it may be different for you.

Try the website again.

3. meganpirate

The phone came directly from Sprint with 2.1 on it, so I guess that that's the official version. And I think the LauncherPro website is working, because I can access it from my home computer.

Thank you for verifying that it is running, I guess I'll just keep trying

4. ovrrdrive

There is a link on the website to download the file. Did you try manually downloading it and putting it on your SD card and then installing with a file manager?

5. meganpirate

I just tried. The file launcher recognizes that the Launcher Pro file is on the card, but when I choose to install it, it says:

Application not installed
    LauncherPro could not be installed on this phone.

Any ideas, or is it a lost cause? Again, I really appreciate your help.

6. ovrrdrive

What file manager are you using?

I use OI File manager and it works great for me. I think Astro File manager is pretty popular too. Try one of those to install it. They're both free in the market. I don't think you'll have much luck with the file manager that comes with it.

7. meganpirate

I tried the OI file manager and it worked!! Thank you so much for your help!

8. ovrrdrive

No problem. Glad you got it working.

9. derekchauvin@gmail.com

derekchauvin@gmail.com Member

Ok i have a quick question....I install launcher pro beta an even got to use it...but i messed up an when i press my home key it would always ask if i want to set launcher pro beta or my original phone settin...i put my orginal as the default.....so how do i change that....it doesnt ask me no more if i want to use launcher pro...how do i change my default setting

10. derekchauvin@gmail.com

derekchauvin@gmail.com Member

ok well so some how it working again i messed around in my file manger an its wroking again

11. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

If that ever happens again, you just go into settings>applications>manage apps and clear the defaults in the launcher pro app.

I *think* that's the location of it, I don't have my phone on hand right this second to look it up. ;)