• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to launch new rom

fido1357

Apr 17, 2010
After biting the bullet and rooting my t-mobile HTC Desire using unrevoked3 I now have super user access. I've installed Titanium Backup and Rom Manager and downloaded a couple of ROMs to try out. I tried DeFrost 2.7 from Droid Den and CyanogenMod 6.0.0 downloaded direct through ROM manager. I backed up and tried to get the new ROMs running. Both times the phone went through the backup and boot process with everything looking fine but when it started up it wouldn't fully boot. With the CyanogenMod I just got the CyanogenMod blue circle/arrow animation cycling over and over and with DeFrost never got past the pink circle, even after leaving it for an hour. I can take out the battery and restore through nandroid no problem but obviously one of the main reasons to root is to try new roms. I was hoping someone can see what I'm missing here

I have only tried the two different ones and couldn't get anywhere with either of them. The only thing that boots is the original HTC/T mobile I got with the phone. I was under the impression I don't need to do the goldcard thing with this, is that correct? The only other obvious option is to wipe everything and try to imstall a new rom from scratch, but obviously I'm pretty nervous about doing that with things not going right so far

Upvote 0
It's stable and bug free so far. I'm still messing around with it getting everything set up, but all the fun froyo stuff is there. There are lots more customisation and drill down options than with sense as you would expect. You lose 2 screens (down to 5) but I expected that (edit: you can have 7 after all if you want), pinch to zoom is still there though. I have to say everything seems a lot snappier, especially app launching and the browser. All good, but I'll have to give it a week or so to really say for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones