Unable to mount SD cardSupport

1. n8man1068

n8man1068 Member

I started having this problem today. When I connect the phone to my pc, the sd card does not mount. I've tried rebooting the phone, unplugging/replugging the usb from the computer and phone, debugging mode on/off on the phone, and clearing all of the device entries from the Windows registry. The error in event viewer shows:
    Event id 11:
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR27.

Error I get is 'please insert a disk into removable drive (drive letter)'.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. SeanStick

SeanStick Well-Known Member

Have you tried going into settings and then unmount the SD card then restart the phone?
  3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie VIP Member

Maybe basic but...
    After connecting with USB, did you pull down the notification menu select USB connected and mount the sd card?
  4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

It may be basic, but better to ask now, rather than find out later that was the issue. :D
  5. justpastfinish

justpastfinish Well-Known Member

I have this problem too... and I dont get a notification in the tray. It just makes the sound on my pc that something connected...

Nothing on my android device...
  6. tphone

tphone Active Member

What worked for me was to power cycle the phone. Note that it had previously worked, then didn't. So I power cycled the phone, and now it works again.
  7. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

This problem has been discussed thouroughly in this thread --> http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/13558-usb-drive.html
  8. MarcoPon

MarcoPon New Member

roberto, the link you posted seems to point to the AppBrain website, not a specific page.
    Can you tell us the name of the App you are referring to?

Thanks,
    Bye!