unable to mount sd in recovery

Last Updated:

1. stablo4life82

stablo4life82 New Member This Topic's Starter

i tried to download a theme for my new rom and it went into boot loop..when i try to reboot into recovery and go to my restore button it says cannot mount sd card and then i have to take the battery out again and again till i get it to read it and it to work...i have tried to take the sd card out, blow on it and the inside of the phone where it goes....i have formatted and reformatted it before as well cause i use to have a similar and the same issue happening...i might have to battery pull like 4 times or it could be 20 times before it will actually work..it is .starting to get annoying.........any options or choices i can look into? btw i have eliminated that it is a bad sd card cause i went and got a new one from verizon.....I use clockwork and I have tried to flash spr and then clockwork and this hasn't helped also

Advertisement
  2. stablo4life82

stablo4life82 New Member This Topic's Starter

so im guessing no one know an answer to this?

3. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

Try an older version of Clockworkmod. I have seen similar problems (worse for mine because I have one of the slow, 32 Gb Sandisk cards). In fact I don't use the newest version of Clockworkmod because the older one I have works and I don't want to tempt fate. I've had problems with certain versions.

Another thing... sometimes the SD cards don't like the way the Droid formats them. This can cause reboots when mounting, reboots when attaching the USB to a PC, etc. Find a suitable USB adapter and plug the SD card directly into a Windows PC running XP. Format the card with the default settings within XP, and then install the card into the Droid. This seems to help a lot of people, too. The XP uses some different default values for the formatting of the card, and my Droid is much happier with those. Neall

4. gandreae

gandreae Member

Did you flash back to stock? as in 2.1 or 2.0.1 tht might help. Try rom manager cause they let you download actual stock images. Have you charged the battery fully? If so then maybe you could try loading a image downloaded from a pc onto the sd card and deleting all the other roms on there. see if tht works. of course u'll want to put the roms on the pc.

5. Sai Ram

Sai Ram Member

i got a similar issue here hoping that someone has a answer!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is the vid